8 minutes ago, Col. said:

The cockpit looks great Chris and if you hadn't mentioned the slight misalignment of the tubular and wooden uprights I'd have been oblivious to it.

Thanks Col, I must had had an off day when measuring up!!! I thought I had better come clean otherwise someone would notice 😉

Thanks 

Chris

4 hours ago, pheonix said:

Unless you had pointed out the cockpit error, I doubt very much that anyone would have noticed. It still looks first class whatever the alignment.

P

Thanks P, really kind of you, I had to come clean!!! Still,  I am pleased with it, final fettling of the canopy section and rear bulkhead is underway.

Thanks

Chris 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Ngantek said:

Nice job on all that annoying fussy work. It looks even sillier like this, I'd be tempted to slap on the wheels and call it done!

Andy

Thanks Andy, more work soon , working on hhe wheel spats at the mo.

Chris

16 hours ago, pheonix said:

Certainly a lot of work to fill all of those gaps! Looks good though and worth the effort.

P

Thanks P, very kind, pleased with how it is progressing been tidying the wheel spats and will get them sorted and start slapping the yellow paint on, in ernest.

Chris

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Col. said:

Sorry to hear you're unlikely to finish this one within the GB timeframe Cliff but it does look to be coming together nicely.

Thanks Col, I will still give it a go, as now all the yellow is done I can get on with hhe easier black, however masking will take some time, I think I won't. Make it in time though.  

Chris

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col. said:

It's going to look great when done Chris so please don't feel compelled to rush it for the deadline.

Thanks Col, funny really I have just finished last week the 32nd scale Matchbox Sea Venom I started in January for the Matchbox Mega GB which ended in June !!! My record is not great🙄.

I think it will be great to do a GB and then choose the wrong subject , I am thinking I shouldn't enter another one!!! 

I am looking at getting the scallops accurate, I will trace them from the destructions and see if I can transfer to some tape perhaps. 

Chris

• Like 2

Hi all

I have used the Williams Brothers plans on the instructions to trace and cut my own wing scallops masks from masking tape.

spacer.png

spacer.png

One coat of black and masks removed, I will give a second coat tomorrow possibly to finish the wings.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Quite pleased with it so far, this was the bit I was most anxious about doing.

Thanks for looking in.

Chris

• Like 6