Hi, everyone from Connecticut

Factman

I am a retired Ex Pat living in the US. I have always been a car guy, but now realize that age prevents me from pulling engines and transmissions. My last real car project was restoring a 1972 Jensen Healey, which is now happily on Colorado. Today I am trying to rediscover my young boys passion for models. So far I have completed a 1:12 balsa wood and tissue Spitfire and a 1:12 1931 Blower Bentley. Now working on a 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III. This is an old ENTREX open box kit found in an attic and kindly given to me. There are a few bits missing, including instructions. So far I have been able to work around the issues, but now I need the missing door hinges and I am stuck. Can anyone help??

• Like 2

Welcome. You may get lucky with that kit as the 'Entex' Rolls (rather than Entrex if I have that right) seems to be a re-box of an older Revell kit.

This is info from Scalemates - here:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/entex-industries-9000-rolls-royce-phantom-iii--188385

Click on the 'Full History' button to see  .  .  .  . well, the full history.

Somewhere on those kit details you may be lucky enough to find a link to kit instructions (often available on Scalemates).

Good luck with your project

Mark

Welcome from the Dallas-Fort Worth area! In the late ‘70s/early ‘80s I lived in Middletown and worked in Hartford for the EMS Council. These past few weeks, with temps here in the high 90s/ low 100s, I have really missed Connecticut’s mild weather!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard! I too am a UK expat, 20 years in the US, the last 12 or so on Cape Cod so familiar with the local competitions, now in Abu Dhabi.

Also ex MGB owner.

Is a Jensen Healey really worth restoring? 😉

Ian