B-52 plans

Sebastien

6 hours ago, Sebastien said:

Hi,

I am looking for four-view plans of the B-52D and G.

I have 1/72 plans for the B-52H, are there plans for the earlier versions available ?

TIA,

S.

This is what I have in my inventory,

boeing-b-52d-stratofortress-4 B-52_047 B-52_22mincrew

and also did a quick check of the internet and found a few places you could buy the prints from. I did put bomb on the B-52D from the 7th Bomb Wing Carswell AFB Fort Worth Texas from 1973 to 1975 Before I was assigned to the 509th BW that same year.

If you have a particular subject in mind via serial number is the best source for the antenna locations. This is a sun faded D from the Pima Air Museum Tucson AZ.

100_4858

I have additional photos of this and the G.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Thanks 1

A few more. Badly faded B-52G.

100_4900 100_4915

And of course a very early H would retain the M61 20mm cannon in the tail. Some more.

Chaff system

100_4550

Flares, underneath the horizontal stabs.

100_4552

Antennas

100_4549 100_4557

Enjoy

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, f111guru said:

And of course a very early H would retain the M61 20mm cannon in the tail.

Funny to think of the first 30 years or so of the B-52H's service life as its "very early" years! 😆

(For anyone not already aware, the last H-models rolled off the assembly line circa 1962 - the Vulcan tail guns were removed shortly after the changeover from SAC to ACC in 1992).

I've yet to see what I would call outstanding plans of the B-52 family, but the best overall, albeit rather small and not perfect, are in the Japanese Famous Aircraft of the World volume on the BUFF.  These include profiles for several variants up through what I'd call the "middle aged" H-model, with EVS and OAS blisters on the chin and nose but before the tail guns were removed.

For modeling purposes the D is pretty similar to most early variants with the obvious exception of the tandem-cockpit prototypes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, T-21 said:

Aviation News did a 1/72  3 view plan.

I think that's the plan I bought from a (now defunct I think) site called Aircraft Plan Library.

S.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:26 AM, Sebastien said:

I think that's the plan I bought from a (now defunct I think) site called Aircraft Plan Library.

S.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:18 AM, T-21 said:

Aviation News did a 1/72  3 view plan.

I have in my file cabinet Aviation News from February 1977 to January 1980. I may or may not have those plans. The ones I do remember is the C-130, B-58, Buccaneer off the top of my head. Also formed this this morning. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA7jX4

Associated weapons and trailers from the time period. Taken from places like The Museum of the Air Force Dayton Ohio, Peterson AFB Colorado Springs Colorado, and the Atomic Museum, Albuquerque New Mexico.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

30 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

See here for official Boeing model drawings of several B-52 variants and other Boeing aircraft:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/4x4wZWr

and
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3yg2kFp

Thank You for the links Mike. I did not have any of those. Should come in handy with the AMT B-52G build in the future.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1