RCN Firefly FR1 Undercarriage well colour

I’m building a Fairey Firefly FR1in the RCN two tone grey colour scheme and would like some advice on the colours of the wheel wells and inside of undercarriage doors. I’ve looked at walk rounds here on BM and the galleries of the various Canadian air museums but not really any closer to seeing a result. The Special Hobby instructions suggest interior grey/green but they suggest that for all options. And. The suggest Sky for the lower colour. 

I think these aircraft were delivered with Sky undersides so the wells and dooors could have been originally painted Sky or grey/green, or possibly painted aluminium (though I doubt the latter). When repainted grey I would think the interior parts would also have been repainted but if grey/green may have been left. 

Anyone with a better knowledge of RCN aircraft than me able to help?  Or are there any of our Canadian colleagues who have pictures or the access to one of the preserved machines and could have a look up underneath?  

Can’t speak for RCN machines as such, but I too am working on an F.Mk.1 (Special Hobby 1/48 with Wolfpack wingfold).  My research thus far suggests that the wheel wells (and interior sections exposed when the wings folded, for that matter) were indeed interior green rather than Sky.  That’s certainly what the FAA Museum think (though I know all about the dangers of trusting museum exhibits).  

Of course the Canucks must have repainted them anyway (assuming they weren’t delivered in the RCN scheme), so RN practice doesn’t prove anything.  Hope that helps!

The book “Sea Wings” (RCN) by JA Foster has several pictures of FR1’s The doors and u/c legs are definitely painted probably same as the underside colour. There are no close ups of the wheel well itself, they all appear simply dark. Hard to discern wether it is just shadow, dark green or a protective grease 

Edited by Robin-42