Douglas A-1J Skyraider "Blood, Sweat & Tears"

Ridley

On 9/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, Ridley said:

Thanks very much for the kind words. I hope the memories are good ones. 

Kind regards,

Mike

The memories are a mixed bag due to the circumstances of the Skyraider appearing above us.  However, the fact the Skyraider showed up was a good thing.  We were told to get small, that is what we did and then it went to work with awesome, while at the same time, terrifying results.  You have done the plane justice.  Although, I do not think you could ever overdo the oil stains on the bottom of the aircraft's fuselage and wings.  It was a mess.

3 hours ago, georgeusa said:

The memories are a mixed bag due to the circumstances of the Skyraider appearing above us.  However, the fact the Skyraider showed up was a good thing.  We were told to get small, that is what we did and then it went to work with awesome, while at the same time, terrifying results.  You have done the plane justice.  Although, I do not think you could ever overdo the oil stains on the bottom of the aircraft's fuselage and wings.  It was a mess.

Thank you for your service and sharing your experience. I'll be doing her again in 1/32 and keep that advice in mind. 

2 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Will this be the Zukei-Mura version in 1/32?

Yessir! And, following your input on filthy undersides, I took another peak at the belly of this one. I've decided it needs some more bench time soon for some 'enhancement'. 😉

1 hour ago, Rich75 said:

Cant really say anything someone hasn't already said but, anyway cracking job!:clap:

Thank you Rich

• Like 1

I think your portrayal of this aircraft is wonderful.  On any given day an aircraft can be as clean as a whistle or look like an oil pit cast-off.  You just did good on this aircraft.  Congrats and thank you for sharing.

• Like 1