Help needed: de Havilland-Cierva C.24 Autogyro

Space Ranger

This was a Cierva 3-blade rotor married to the cabin of a de Havilland DH.80A Puss Moth. One was built: G-ABLM. It was later re-designated C.26 when a 2-blade rotor was installed.

Does anyone have scale drawings of this aircraft? A Google search turned up many photos but no plans/drawings.

• Like 1

I was looking at this myself, it seems to have been a parts bin special from both concerns, so if we can find out which parts that would help. The airframe is apparently extant at the de Havilland museum London Colney, Hertfordshire UK, but I do not know if it is on display. They might be able to help you though.

Matt

Hello mate

This won’t really be of much use but I thought you should know there is a set of plans out there of the C.24 in (I think) 1/72. I used to have a copy. Unfortunately those along with a file they were safely stored in went missing during a house move about 18 years ago. 

Pete

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

It certainly used to be on display, but this photo is from 2016 and was taken in a temporary addition to the museum. I'm sure they have rearranged some stuff since.

52400721932_a6d6f078f4_c.jpg

CiervaC24 by Jelle Hieminga, on Flickr

Edit: I found two additional photos.

52401684990_3095e92342_c.jpg

CiervaC24_2 by Jelle Hieminga, on Flickr

52401540004_02610f04a8_c.jpg

CiervaC24_3 by Jelle Hieminga, on Flickr

Edited by Archer_VC10
More photos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1