Aoshima Pagani Huayra final build (stop motion video)

Hi fellow modellers,

After 2 months of work, I managed to finish my Aoshima kit, the Pagani Huayra.

It is quite a coincidence to finish it now, considering that Pagani just announced their latest model, the Utopia.

Regarding the kit itself, it has lots of pieces, somewhere around 300 (or more?).

The kit looks amazing, having so many components it looks so real and exciting!!

The only downside is that the body doesn't fit properly at all. I did test fitting before I started working on it, and even with that, at the end the front & rear fenders didn't fit properly. I think is the design of the kit which is not made to make bullet proof fitment, especially for the exterior parts.

I don't recommend it to beginner modellers, because it is really too complicated.

Regarding the paint, I finally managed to have a nice result (this is my 6th car).

I used ZP paint, and ZP clear, wet sanded and then polished using the Tamiya compounds and the Dremmel tool. I am finally happy with the result!!

So long story short, I filmed as I usually do a stop motion video, and I also took some pictures. I don't know how to attach pictures here, can someone help please?

Let me know what you think about the build but also the video!

p?i=a10288b4aa4bf9afb25588437e8341b2

p?i=73d6f22b2b0f0b41a6191688f51181e8

p?i=cf6dba225f942851f77ff7a07de33be4

p?i=c284978b5296488ecc390a8608f5ab2f

Enjoy!:)

Edited by RaulNanu
  • Like 7

Good work with the paint (and the rest of the build come to that). It's not easy to get a good shine on a car with all those creases and scallops.

As for the photos, you will need to upload to a photo-hosting site (such as Flickr) then put the link on here.

• Like 1

Love the video again - shame Mr. Magician couldn't close those gaps a little better.... :)

But your paintjob looks superb and it's a lovely colour! And I really like your choice of colour for the interior too - complements the exterior beautifully!

Very nice model!

Keith

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 21:51, Spiny said:

Good work with the paint (and the rest of the build come to that). It's not easy to get a good shine on a car with all those creases and scallops.

As for the photos, you will need to upload to a photo-hosting site (such as Flickr) then put the link on here.

Thanks! As a matter of fact, it is my 6th build now, and I can finally say I am happy with the paint result! I finally learned how to properly sand / polish, which is a very time consuming but satisfying operation haha

On 13/09/2022 at 22:56, keefr22 said:

Love the video again - shame Mr. Magician couldn't close those gaps a little better.... :)

But your paintjob looks superb and it's a lovely colour! And I really like your choice of colour for the interior too - complements the exterior beautifully!

Very nice model!

Keith

Thanks Keith!
I've used ZP paint and ZP clear coat for the exterior. First time I am using this brand, and I can say that I am really happy with it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/09/2022 at 18:01, desert falcon said:

The magician has done it again (you) :) 

That’s a fantastic looking Pagani Huayra Raul and both the color and the quality of the paint job is top notch !! 

Thank you so much for the kind words! Working every day to improve!

On 16/11/2022 at 22:24, Noel Smith said:

Raul, the late Ray Harryhausen who did stop motion sequences for movies like Jason and the Argonauts and Valley of Gwangi would be delighted if he could have seen your video.

Thank you! I haven't seen these movies but I googled and they seem very interesting, thank you for the tip! :)