A new tooled 1/48 scale Canadair CT-114 Tutor !!!

SharkOwl

5 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

I formally confirm to you that this 1/48 scale Canadair CT-114 Tutor project discussed here on this topic is not from Kinetic.

😎

SharkOwl

My post was with respect to the following post by Scooby on September 24th and was in reference to the other Tutor in the works:

And there are not one, but two 1/48 Tutors in the works. All indications are this group is not the manufacturer I know is working on a 1/48 Tutor.

A CT-114 kit is most certainly welcomed news.  But I would very much more enjoy a modern, accurate kit of the Cessna T-37B, an aircraft which was much more widely used, and which trained many times more pilots than the CT-114 (including me!).

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Like many Canadian Forces pilots, I too trained on the Tutor (and Chipmunk and T Bird). Should the subject 1/48 model materialise, I will most certainly buy/build one. In the meantime, I have the following creation.....

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

If it is the 'renowned Canadian model maker' I'm thinking of, he had previously released a 1/48 resin Tutor that was fantastic, along with appropriate decals, and only served to show how bloated and misshapen the Hobbycraft effort was.

A box set of nine, please!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:53 AM, Tail-Dragon said:

If it is the 'renowned Canadian model maker' I'm thinking of, he had previously released a 1/48 resin Tutor that was fantastic, along with appropriate decals, and only served to show how bloated and misshapen the Hobbycraft effort was.

Yes, the Belcher Tutor was excellent in shape (except for the intakes, which I hid with a bit of putty and tissue).

Tony

On 10/27/2022 at 8:53 AM, Tail-Dragon said:

Fairly sure it isn't him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2022 at 10:47 PM, TBC said:

I am pretty sure that before his passing in May 2014, Rick Chin, who owned Uncle Bills Hobbies in Calgary, had been talking to Raymond at Kinetic Models about doing a 1/32 CT-114 Tutor. I don’t know who the Canadian contingent is but I’ll bet the other 1/48 kit is coming from Kinetic.

Correct, and if you dig through my posts I previously reported this multiple times over the years.

I helped Raymond and Rick access Tutors.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 5:42 AM, Homebee said:

This 1/48th Tutor project is now rumoured having been taken over by Kinetic and could be released in late 2023. Fingers crossed.

V.P.

The Joycraft Tutor has not been taken over by Kinetic.  The Kinetic project is theirs from the start.

Tony