Dremel Chuck Sizing

Gisbod

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yup.  There's an aftermarket chuck that's just like an old skool drill chuck, available allez over the platz.

https://amzn.eu/d/8tQv4g2

I'd rather buy from someone else, but that should give you a hint :)

that’s great Mike, but it’s a bit confusing.. says it accepts shanks up to 3.2mm then later on says clamping range 0.8mm-6.5mm?

Guy

I tried to measure mine, but the batteries on my calipers chose today to die.  I'll have to look some new ones up, but by shoving drill-bits in there, I'd say you can put Almost 3.5mm in there.  It's more use for smaller diameter tools, and speed of changing them :yes:

TBH, if you're trying to drill anything bigger than 3.5mm, you probably need the torque of a proper drill.  Remember that the Dremel is a motor tool :)

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I tried to measure mine, but the batteries on my calipers chose today to die.  I'll have to look some new ones up, but by shoving drill-bits in there, I'd say you can put Almost 3.5mm in there.  It's more use for smaller diameter tools, and speed of changing them :yes:

TBH, if you're trying to drill anything bigger than 3.5mm, you probably need the torque of a proper drill.  Remember that the Dremel is a motor tool :)

It’s just the standard drill bit accessories that you get in modelling shops.. they’re only fractionally larger than the 3.2mm..

The original Dremel chuck can fit shanks that are only marginally bigger than 3.2mm in diameter. Just tried to fit a 3.5mm drill bit and it aaaalmost fits. So my guess would be 3.3-3.4mm maximum shank diameter. There's aftermarket chucks that can go up to 6.5mm, but I have no idea if they'll actually fit your Dremel tool (the thread and diameter on the tool's shank isn't universal).

• Like 1