1/32 Italeri F-104G Starfighter

Red Dot

hi all,

This is the 1/32 Italeri F-104G finished in the markings of JaBoG 33.

The kit is very good but not perfect. Fit of parts was excellent in places and poor in others; some details were crisp, others not; the plastic was soft and accepted glue really well, but the nose undercarriage leg is very weak; and some areas were well detailed others not. On the whole it went together well, but i incorporated an Aires cockpit and seat (both superb), a Reskit exhaust and wheels (again superb), a Master pitot (excellent) and Peddinghaus decals (not so good).

The decals conformed well and were very strong, but they were about 15% too small and slightly inaccurate. As a consequence, i used some of the decals from an old Revell kit which perfomed well. However their falcon's legs were too big by about 20%! In the end it was a bit of a mix and match plus some help from my friend Richard who provided masks for the black bird outlines, thanks.

Hope you like it

Andy

F-104-Ja-Bo-G-33-1.jpg

F-104-Ja-Bo-G-33-2.jpg

F-104-Ja-Bo-G-33-3.jpg

F-104-Ja-Bo-G-33-4.jpg

F-104-Ja-Bo-G-33-5.jpg

F-104-Ja-Bo-G-33-6.jpg

F-104-Ja-Bo-G-33-7.jpg

• Like 60

57 minutes ago, NorbertBu said:

I always admire the many details you put into your model builds!

Again another beauty from your workbench! Thank you for the information about the decals.

Greetings from Germany,

Norbert

I do my best 😉

21 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Very nice clean widow maker, lovely MB bang seat, and excellent yellow paintwork. :goodjob:

Chris

For me, the seat is the highlight. A lot of work putting it together, but it looks so real.

Andy

Thank you very much. I used sanding sponges to smooth off the Mr Surfacer 1200 primer, then sprayed Hataka yellow and MRP Black. The varnish is Klear and Galleria mixed 50:50 for a semi-gloss finish

Andy