Ki-84 Hayate AH 1/72

Katurbo

Good evening all. After a 'little' break between June and now, Ki-84 has been already finished. Now it's #1 kit on my personal list in 'fine detailed, easy to build & fun' category. During work I had some troubles with finding a photo of real plane so I focused only on gaining experince in painting the scratches.

If I build one Ki-84 more then I'll paint all yellow straps, as there is currently a small colour difference between the decal and the leading edge 😪 (but hard to see on photos  😄)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 60

That's a superb finish on what is clearly a lovely kit, very much looking forward to getting mine on the bench in the near future, and this is great inspiration :)

What colour and brand of paint did you use on the propellor out of interest?

Edited by Seamus
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Katurbo said:

Good evening all. After a 'little' break between June and now, Ki-84 has been already finished. Now it's #1 kit on my personal list in 'fine detailed, easy to build & fun' category. During work I had some troubles with finding a photo of real plane so I focused only on gaining experince in painting the scratches.

If I build one Ki-84 more then I'll paint all yellow straps, as there is currently a small colour difference between the decal and the leading edge 😪 (but hard to see on photos  😄)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well done.

Alain

• Like 1

Thank you all for warm reception! ^^ 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, Seamus said:

That's a superb finish on what is clearly a lovely kit, very much looking forward to getting mine on the bench in the near future, and this is great inspiration :)

What colour and brand of paint did you use on the propellor out of interest?

I used AK Real Colour RC211 as mentioned in the instruction ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent result. You have clearly put a lot of hard work and love into this build.

I particularly liked the placing of the Ki-84 alongside the F6F, it shows the Japanese aircraft wasn't so small compared to the Hellcat.

Whiose kit is it, by the way? Hasegawa?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Excellent result. You have clearly put a lot of hard work and love into this build.

I particularly liked the placing of the Ki-84 alongside the F6F, it shows the Japanese aircraft wasn't so small compared to the Hellcat.

Whiose kit is it, by the way? Hasegawa?

This FM-2 is also from Arma Hobby (but decals are from Techmod) ^^: 

But now I'm trying to build Hellcat (this is the sixth attempt in my life, in which only once managed to complete the model) 😄

• Thanks 1

Wow!  A stunning result!

Your brilliant work inspires me to seek out the kit - if I get anywhere near yours in quality I'll be well pleased.

You definitely set the bar high on this.

😀

• Like 1