Evening all from Devon

IC Ash

Hi All,

Just getting back into modelling after a very long break, still weeping quietly about the stash that got given away 30 years ago when I went to Uni and the olds moved house . . . . .

Looks like lots to learn all over again and some big steps forward in etched parts, paints and off the shelf weathering stuff - but also lots still the same tried and tested!

Airbrush setup already on the christmas list, will probably just plod through some 1:72 bits in the meantime to get back in the saddle and make some learner mistakes on a few cheapies.

Very much looking forward to switching up to 1:48 again and some long chilled evenings with a profipack 109 & 190 for me (once I've built some skills back) and more immediately an airfix starter set spitfire that my 3 year old daughter wants us to make together.

Grail build has to be a Westland Whirlwind but I want to do it justice so it'll have to wait!

Ash

• Like 4

Welcome Ash. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Lots has changed in the last 30 years or so as I'm sure you already know. I'd say the biggest improvement in my return to modelling has been the move to an airbrush. There's plenty of good video tutorials out there to help with that. If you're unsure about anything just ask.

The 'SWW' in your Interests profile - I'm guessing that's not South West Water?

all the best

Mark

Nice to see you here.

As has been said so much has changed in the last 30 years.

There is so much out there that makes life so much easier.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

I also am a bad golfer, in fact I can usually go from tee to green without hitting the fairway.

Makes for a good walk.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@Mark Harmsworth As much as I like their water in my taps (and dislike their sewage on our beaches!), for all things SWW I’ll stick to Second World War!

@Mike south Devon here, we used to come on hols as kids and moved down in 1990, still a great place to be :)

@AliGauld I can’t figure it out myself, these hotshot golfers going out trying to par holes? I can hit 3, 4, 5, 6 shots more per hole for the same green fee - bargain!! 

@Corsairfoxfouruncle @Steve86 cheers!! 

Definitely see airbrush as the big game changer, December 25th feels a long way away right now 🤣😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Ash!

Greetings from Greece!

Sorry for my late reply, but life can get hard to get by sometimes.

Looking forward to see your work.

I am also quite new here, re-started modelling after 25 years, at first building aircraft, but expanded to other areas too. Currently working on Cutty Sark.

Igkor