After the Battle Magazine - no longer produced

Paul821

Thanks to this thread

pointing me towards the "British Comics" website I found out that After the Battle Magazine ceased publication last year.

I have been a bit out of touch with the magazine generally for about 12 years. When I worked in London a couple of the W H Smith outlets on my way home stocked this, so I used to look at every copy and purchase any that contained articles that were of interest. Since then I have only looked at their web-site very occasionally. The last copy I purchased was the Colditz issue which I bought in the castles museum gift shop on a visit 4 years ago.

I am not surprised as the Magazine was very much the child of Winston Ramsey, and he had been in charge since it started in 1973 so he is probably due a good retirement. The Magazine is no more but the business has passed to Pen & Sword who continue to make back numbers available and are continuing to produce "Then " books.

Oh, that's a shame.  I didn't buy the magazine regularly but just the odd copy.  Rather like @Paul821 I tended to look at copies in a High Street outlet and buy if I found something that intrested me.

Still, Pen and Sword are offering back copies of the magazine, and bound volumes, though for how long isn't stated in the website (  https://www.afterthebattle.com/  ).

Jonny