Revell 1/32 Westland Lynx Mk8

My first venture into the rotary model world and one that I enjoyed despite being out of my comfort zone! I used the BigEd pe set (33104) and the scalewarship rotor fold set along with a lot of scratch building. I painted it using Tamiya XF's and pastels.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 61
  • Thanks 5

Love it, I’ve just bagged myself one of these 2 weeks ago on eBay. I used to overhaul the blades and then went disassembling them for common parts for Wildcat. Suppose I’ll do it one day……

• Like 2

Gotta love a Lynx!! Looks fabulous, very impressive. The Eduard set looks great. I've just ordered some photo-etched Eduard details for my Harrier GR.3 in colour. I've been away from aircraft since the early 90's and had never seen the coloured etched parts before...

17 hours ago, speedy said:

Love it, I’ve just bagged myself one of these 2 weeks ago on eBay. I used to overhaul the blades and then went disassembling them for common parts for Wildcat. Suppose I’ll do it one day……

Thanks speedy! that's where I found this one..the extras cost more than the kit (as usual!)

17 hours ago, noelh said:

Excellent. I think helicopters suit big scales. 

It's easy to see you  put in a lot work to get that result. Very realistic indeed.

Many thanks noelh much appreciated!

17 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Sensational, best l have seen of the Revell kit built up, looks very realistic, good job!

Wow Farmerboy that's a very generous comment thank you!!

17 hours ago, Alan P said:

What he said, lovely job and great details 👍

Many thanks Alan P!

16 hours ago, fox1_BE said:

Terrific work, good eye for detail and very neat finish 👍

Thanks very much fox1_BE much appreciated!

16 hours ago, Deano353 said:

Stunning build. Detail is very good. You did the kit justice. 

Much appreciated Deano353 thank you!

15 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

Gotta love a Lynx!! Looks fabulous, very impressive. The Eduard set looks great. I've just ordered some photo-etched Eduard details for my Harrier GR.3 in colour. I've been away from aircraft since the early 90's and had never seen the coloured etched parts before...

Thanks Steve...I have mixed feelings for the coloured/self adhesive pe but it proved useful on this build!

15 hours ago, Fred piket said:

Fantastic build, superb detail and I just love the scenery!

Many thanks Fred piket! The scenery in my garden certainly helps when it comes to photographing my kits..

13 hours ago, Francis Macnaughton said:

Is that a markings scheme provided with the kit or did you find a supplier of alternatives?

The decals came with the kit Francis and was one of two options

13 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Great subject, pictures and execution 👍

Thanks very much Winded Penguin much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Superb. This is very good indeed.

It's the first time I've seen those little grey blobs of grease from the rotors modelled. Great little detail

Well spotted Bertie!! Thanks for your kind comments...Kev

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I'm not entirely unfamiliar with helicopters. I suspect you have been up close to a few yourself?

Plenty of up close and personal with a few Bertie but only of the civilian variety! Someone pointed out on another site that I'd actually fitted the u/c incorrectly.......and I had!!! (all corrected now though)

I just attribute the oversight to spending too much time on the micro painting of the thing!!

Cheers, Kev

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phoenix673 said:

I'd actually fitted the u/c incorrectly

I once transposed the u/c on a Tamiya Skyraider port for starboard, despite all of the anti-Murphy devices. It took me ages to realise what I had done despite plentiful references. Sometimes we need the modelling equivalent of a proof reader to help us see what we have done. A goof reader perhaps?

• 1 year later...
On 11/09/2022 at 16:36, Phoenix673 said:

My first venture into the rotary model world and one that I enjoyed despite being out of my comfort zone! I used the BigEd pe set (33104) and the scalewarship rotor fold set along with a lot of scratch building. I painted it using Tamiya XF's and pastels.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Brilliant. Just about to start building my second one. Can you help how did you build the rear door winch.  Or was it a kit ?

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, Drunken matelot said:

Brilliant. Just about to start building my second one. Can you help how did you build the rear door winch.  Or was it a kit ?

Many thanks Dm! apologies for the late reply.....the winch comes as part of the Revell kit although, from what I remember, I added a few additional bits.

I hope you enjoy your build!

PS I added rotor locks some time after these photos were taken (scratch built)spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2