F/A-18A+ "Red Devils" Academy 1:72

I have always thought and affirmed that a hyper-detailed job that is not accompanied by a paint job at the same height is useless.
I have only seen one work of similar quality (and on the same type of airplane and scale) and it was the one made by a countryman of mine named Diego Quijano. Both works are "extraterretrial".

Congratulations !!!!

Andrés

• Like 2

Wow!!!!!! You weren`t kidding when you said it was your most detailed model to date. I like that you omitted any ordnance with all of the panels opened for a very realistic appearance. Far too often, maintenance panels are posed with open maintenance panels yet the subject is sporting all types of weapons and we all know that simply does not happen.  Excellent results and it turned out GREAT!!!!! :like:

Mike

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

I have always thought and affirmed that a hyper-detailed job that is not accompanied by a paint job at the same height is useless.
I have only seen one work of similar quality (and on the same type of airplane and scale) and it was the one made by a countryman of mine named Diego Quijano. Both works are "extraterretrial".

Congratulations !!!!

Andrés

Thank you very much for your kind words, Andres! I'm very glad you've liked it, however in all honesty I have to say Diego's work is at another league all together for many reasons...For start he made all the extra detail from scratch, cockpit, bays, engine etc. And his paint job in the Spanish camo was fantastic.! 

Edited by jarkmodels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Russmeister 101 said:

I refuse to accept this is 72nd scale!! ;) 

That is simply OUTSTANDING!  I am really impressed by the finesse and finish on this tiny lil' Bug 

For me, you win today! 🏆:clap:

Thank you Russmeister! it was a really fun model to do, however it took me much longer than usual and hence at the end all I wanted was to finish it. There are some areas that I'm not 100% satisfied, but I've decided to move on. Maybe one day I will improve it, or just do another Hornet!

1 hour ago, Sky Keg said:

Wow!!!!!! You weren`t kidding when you said it was your most detailed model to date. I like that you omitted any ordnance with all of the panels opened for a very realistic appearance. Far too often, maintenance panels are posed with open maintenance panels yet the subject is sporting all types of weapons and we all know that simply does not happen.  Excellent results and it turned out GREAT!!!!! :like:

Mike

Hi Mike, thank you! You are right and I was very aware of that important detail!, I used a couple of very good books ( Daco's Publications and Duke Hawkins) and when they do maintenance there's no ordnance to be seen, only a drop tank or two, but that's all.

And thank you all for looking and commenting!.

Cheers

jorge

Edited by jarkmodels
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred piket said:

Great build, fantastic detail! Wow, can't believe it's 1/72! What kind of RBF's do you use? Are those fabric ones because they behave that naturally?

Hi Fred piket, I used the regular painted photo etch ones by Eduard. I simply twisted them a bit to make them look more natural.

Once again thank you all for your kind words!.

cheers

1 hour ago, Kampartiger said:

Double Wow! Your Hornet is really mind blowing.I can't really comprehend as to how you detailed it to such a high degree. Astounding build. 🙏

Thank you very much! I really enjoy the build and doing all the modifications needed to fit the detail. Happy you liked it!

44 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Very cool details and I'm also shocked this is only 72 scale, very well done 👏👏👏

I have just one concern...2007 is old now? 😳😰😂

Alan

Thank you, Alan appreciated! Well, not to me really, but for today's standards certainly it is! Think about it, 2007 is the year of the iPhone launch...(and with it the culture of obsolescence)  

• Like 1