F-84G USAF Korea 1/72eme Part 2

Hello Everybody!

I showed you in a previous post a Tamiya F-84G I have saved from my bin after a moment of rage... So here is his brother, same fabricant, with a lot of aftermarket inside to make this kit more accurate and attractive. Markings reflect the colorful, well known and well documented FS-454, the 58th FBW CO bird. I used the Aeromaster decals sheet 72-170 "Thunderjets over Korea" rather than the Kit  decals which I found too thick. However, I struggled with the Aeromaster product which has some inconsistencies and was not so easy to apply. I didn't put too much weathering, as it is the Boss Bird!

Here is the result:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the little dio: The tractor comes from aftermarket with a lot of enhancements, the ladder is scratch built:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And to finish, a family photo:

spacer.png

Thank you for watching! 

• Like 40

Thank you All! I built these kits sometimes ago and I think that there are still the best on the market for an F-84G...but not the cheapest! As I said, I put a lot of goodies (AIRES etc...) inside but, at that scale, the model can be easily built OOB, with a very good result. Highly recommended.

Nice model, and a very nice paint and decal job. The USAF did allow for some colourful schemes on their aircraft at that time. A bit different from what the RAF would tolerate (probably for some very good reasons).