A330 questions

richellis

Well….

Thanks to Chris (Stringbag) I have an A340 kit, and some BRAZ resin goodies to convert it to an A330.

can anyone confirm the changes? Do the engines fit in tube same location on the wings as the inboard A340 engines?

also, thinking about dropping the flaps, any diagrams on the flaps? Got some pics out of the window that will help 🧐

anything else I need to do to the kit 🤔

The A330 engines go on the inboard mounting points and the A330 doesn't have the A340's ventral undercarriage but it's a pretty straightforward conversion assuming, of course, that you are building the A330-300. Shortening to the A330-200 isn't difficult but obviously there is more involved. 

As to dropped flaps, it might be worth checking with Ladislav Hančar whether he is planning to release a set for the A330. They don't appear to be in the Laci range so far but their stuff is first class and it would save you a lot of work.

Dave G

11 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

As to dropped flaps, it might be worth checking with Ladislav Hančar whether he is planning to release a set for the A330. They don't appear to be in the Laci range so far but their stuff is first class and it would save you a lot of work.

Dave G

That site is brilliant. I used to scratch build the flaps on my airliner models, will have to have a proper look for a few planned models 👍

2 hours ago, richellis said:

Are the Braz winglets needed?

Are the kits one’s incorrect?

I read a while ago on another site that Revell's A330/A340 winglets are not correctly shaped.

As for me,I couldn't make out the difference between the original and the kits winglets,so for my current builds I use the kits parts.

The differences seem not very obvious,so its the builders choice to use aftermarket or kits parts.

The A340 was the first one that got released by Revell in 1991,before the prototypes first flight,so there are some inaccuracies as the kit is based on earlier drawings.

The A330 kit came out in 1992,it seems though that Revell altered/corrected some parts on those kits over the years.

I have from both types multiple kits and some of the newer releases have a more detailed underbelly (wingbox plate) and APU for example.

• Like 1