Yes, it's that Hobbycraft Schooner......

Here's Hobbycraft "Bluenose" Grand Banks Schooner. It resembles the Grand Banks Schooners in design, but I chose not to mark it as the Bluenose. The deadeyes and clocks are from a Revell Mayflower that I found on that auction site for less than $20 because it had no sails. The sails are printer paper soaked in water and placed over the kit vacuformed sails and painted with white glue and allowed to dry.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 41

Beautiful work, all those tie downs attaching the sails to the spars (what even is the nautical term!?) look impossible, that's before you consider the sail is wet paper! The texture of the sails is great and all those ribs and telltales really bring it to life.

Nice also to see the sails in a sensible position (which I suppose is easier in fore aft rigged models).

Fantastic model!

Andy

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Nice model.

I also have that kit and the Model Shipways plans for Elsie, so looking to do a conversion.I

Incidentally, there is a very good book on fore and aft sailing rigging by Lennart Petersen that is a brilliant guide to rig models similar to the Hobbycraft Bluenose.

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...