1/32 Italeri Tornado GR. 4

Hello all, i hope everyone is well.

This is my Italeri Tornado paint up as 'Danger Mouse' (DM...which is my own initial's) which operated in Iraq circa 2003.

I was greateful of some advice from ex Tornado pilots that when i initially added the GBU-12's which were supplied in the kit were actually incorrect ordinance circa 2003. So i had to invest in some Eduard bits to archive the correct load out, so one TILAD pod and two CPU-123'S were added to the kit to get in right. This is just a slight oversight from Italeri    as the supplied ordinance was correct for the other decal versions supplied.

The other extras for this kit are the Red Fox studios cockpit set and the Mastercasters wheels, but the kit overall is a bit of a tough one that you have to work through to get right, one thing id advise others to do when build this kit is be aware for the swing-wing mechanism as it isnt the securest and could fail after a while, but when it works...its work surprisingly well. 

m8ZsfSb.jpeg

sLt8EpS.jpeg

Kb8chiD.jpeg

SdFSxjj.jpeg

8h9Rg6j.jpeg

JiRBAWQ.jpeg

hecfLlh.jpeg

LS4rs3J.jpeg

I0Q8ug7.jpeg

Ue37e9I.jpeg

Hope you all like it as it was a bit of a mission, but a rewarding one at that.

Over to you...the judges 🙂

• Like 54
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, matto21 said:

Wow, that's a stunner!

Thank you kindly, its a good kit in some respects if you like a bit of a challenge and can turn out well with patience...a lot of patience

7 minutes ago, Winded Penguin said:

Great colour scheme, great pictures 👍

I can feel the obvious commitment and passion poured into this model, just by looking at it.

Wonderful.

It certainly was! Many a time I had to walk off from it and count to a million, but im really glad it come out as well as it did. The only wish is that italeri didn't make the panel recess so big, but its the best kit in 1/32 of the Tornado.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Just a note. No such thing as a GBU113 i'm afraid, there is a BLU 113 but the RAF have never had this bomb. Were you trying to replicate a Paveway III (UK) bomb? If so the best compromise would be a GBU 24.

Selwyn

The error in the write up was on me as they're CPU-123'S, these were a lovely detailed mould from Eduard...superb!

I was reached out to by a weapons instructor who was involved in operation Telic on the original load out mistake, so I followed his lead on CPU-123's which are Paveway II which was the system in operation circa 2003.

4 hours ago, David Mooney said:

The error in the write up was on me as they're CPU-123'S, these were a lovely detailed mould from Eduard...superb!

I was reached out to by a weapons instructor who was involved in operation Telic on the original load out mistake, so I followed his lead on CPU-123's which are Paveway II which was the system in operation circa 2003.

They are not CPU123 either, that bomb does not exist! CPU 123 is a small computer component (Less than 30cm long) in the early models of the MAU169 Guidance system of a Paveway II (UK) Bomb. Its a  often repeated error in identification.

Selwyn

1 hour ago, Selwyn said:

They are not CPU123 either, that bomb does not exist! CPU 123 is a small computer component (Less than 30cm long) in the early models of the MAU169 Guidance system of a Paveway II (UK) Bomb. Its a  often repeated error in identification.

Selwyn

CPU-123 Paveway II 1/32 - Eduard Store

well, i can only go on the advise i have been given from Tornado weapons instructors

20 hours ago, David Mooney said:

CPU-123 Paveway II 1/32 - Eduard Store

well, i can only go on the advise i have been given from Tornado weapons instructors

they obviously never read the title page of the Air Publication!

Selwyn

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 9:05 AM, daront said:

A gorgeous swing wing dart of death. Very nice 

The issue with this kit is the swing wing bit, it is quite temperamental so if I did it again I'd certainly modify it.

15 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Those outside pictures could be mistaken for shots of the real bird.  Well done!

Thats the bonus being in Scotland...but you gotta be quick as the weather can change quickly...well, like every five minutes 😃

Thank you for the kind comments everyone 😊