Brazilian P47D

Bill.B

This is the Wolfpack 1/48 P47D (old Hasegawa kit?) kitted out in the Brazilian airforce colours as flown by Ten. Alberto Martins Torres, Red Squadron, 1st GAVCA (Fighter Aviation Group) Italy, 1944.  The kit is built completely OOB using Tamiya paints with Windsor & Newton Matt acrylic varnish.
I must admit that I'd never heard of Wolfpack models before so it was a really nice surprise to find the kit easy to assemble and one of the few that didn't cause me any problems at all. 

P47

P47

P47

• Like 30

Lovely Jug indeed. I was until now blissfully unaware of Brazil being part of the Allied forces. 

It looks a lovely model. i'll have to have a look at Wolfpack as an option for another jug to join my increasing collection of them! one of my favourite aircraft!

Regards, Andy

• Thanks 1

I do not believe I have ever heard of Wolfpack Models.  Your build of this kit does show what can be done with this version of their kit with superb results.  Really good looking Thunderbolt in colors not normally seen on the exhibit tables.  South American countries do not really get much credit for their part and service in World War II.  That's a shame.

• Thanks 1