Hawker Tempest II

This is the special hobby boxing of the Eduard Tempest II.

Lovely kit to build, almost a perfect fit.  I kept changing my mind as to which marking to finish it in, but in the end I went with the 33 squadron aluminum finish.  I've now purchased an overtrees kit from Eduard so I can do one of the others with the spare decals.

I tried to get the batty worn look the one photo I found of the aircraft has, where the camouflage is starting to show through the aluminum sprayed over the top. could have done more, but live and learn.  And yes, the rockets should have a coloured  band on them, but i wimped out at that point 🙂

Tim

zZGKJAG.jpg

E9KiFeA.jpg

kjWM0i1.jpg

7QCgS3h.jpg

QbZPpgV.jpg

VowTXDU.jpg

txjfVi7.jpg

2Y2drGv.jpg

s79Mqvp.jpg

dJmwKZP.jpg

UVTalJ2.jpg

• Like 53
  • Thanks 1

Some really nice details you've extracted from this kit.

I especially noted the 'flaps down' warning posts in the wings. Rare to see rendered in this scale, or any scale come to think of it. 👍

And also looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the learnings from this build to the future Overtrees version, if and when you post that one 

8 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Looks fantastic! My favourite Typhoon successor. I always wondered how the Centaurus got enough cooling air...

Yes it does look very closely cowled. But clearly the designers knew what they were doing long before CAD and the rest of modern aids.

Not normally a fan of the Tempest but colour  scheme is eye-catching.

I like it very much.

I am a HUGE Tempest fan!  I've already built an Eduard Mk. V Series 2, and have yet to build: a Mk. V Series 1, another V Series 2, the dual combo of the Mk. V (so another Series 1 and 2), and most of the Mk. IIs, the early version, the late version, the newish Ultimate Tempest, AND, last but not least, the Special Hobby kit which you've built here.  So I'm always interested in seeing anyone working on or completing a Mk. II or Mk. V, and yours is beautiful!  I think your detail regarding wearing through of the aluminum paint is really cool.  I've been debating about which of the many Tempests I have that I will do in an aluminum finish, and now I'm thinking at least a few.  Your build is an inspiration...great job!!