The Other 75 Sqn RAAF F-4A-1 Lightning, "Map Happy Pappy" 20

A place marker to stake out my place in the GB, if I may :).  

My build will hopefully compliment @trickyrich and @Dunny's builds as the thuird of the RAAF P-38's used in the PR role.  They've both done an excellent job of introducing the topic that my own effort would only pale next to theirs.  Suffice to say I hope to do the topic justice, I've been looking forward to attempting a Haze scheme for a while.

I won't get stated for a little while though - that way I get to see their progress first :) - as I've one project to finish and one more I'd like to do before starting this one.  We'll see about the extra one, that might be ambitious.

Cheers.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

A place marker to stake out my place in the GB, if I may :).  

My build will hopefully compliment @trickyrich and @Dunny's builds as the thuird of the RAAF P-38's used in the PR role.  They've both done an excellent job of introducing the topic that my own effort would only pale next to theirs.  Suffice to say I hope to do the topic justice, I've been looking forward to attempting a Haze scheme for a while.

I won't get stated for a little while though - that way I get to see their progress first :) - as I've one project to finish and one more I'd like to do before starting this one.  We'll see about the extra one, that might be ambitious.

Cheers.

Thanks for the mention Mark - look forward to seeing this one come together!

• Like 1

welcome along Mark and it's so nice to see another RAAF bird (well sort of) in the build, especially seeing there were only ever 5!

Plus great to another Tamiya beast in the build, I wonder if we can cause a shortage of these models due to STGB!!! :D

The model will be a breeze to build being a Tamiya one, the paint job, that's where the fun starts.

Well good luck with the build I think there'll be a lot of sharing tips with the building of these beasts, should be lots of fun, so I hope you enjoy the build.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PattheCat said:

Eagerly waiting for your Aussie PR Lightning.

Thanks!  I’m just completing an FAA Corsair over in the Canadian GB and then will start my Lightning.  Three weeks at the most, I reckon.  Besides, I need to give @Dunny and @trickyrich a head start so I can get the drop on how they go on theirs 😂

• Haha 3

On 9/26/2022 at 10:22 PM, mark.au said:

Thanks!  I’m just completing an FAA Corsair over in the Canadian GB and then will start my Lightning.  Three weeks at the most, I reckon.  Besides, I need to give @Dunny and @trickyrich a head start so I can get the drop on how they go on theirs 😂

Once I finally get my first post up you might!! :whistle:

Been super slack, have already glued the booms together, so far super easy and straightforward build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Once I finally get my first post up you might!! :whistle:

Been super slack, have already glued the booms together, so far super easy and straightforward build.

Go on, g'is a look!