Harrier GR.3 ejector seat question

Steve Noble

Hi guys. I'm normally a car and bike builder, but I used to build aircraft exclusively from the late 80's to the mid 90's. I recently stumbled upon the 1/48 Kinetic Harrier GR.3 kit in a local model shop and had to buy it. The Harrier is an aircraft I've always wanted to build for many years now and the Kinetic kit seemed to be an excellent starting point to enable a nice GR.3 model. I'd really like to replace the ejector seat with a resin part and believe it is a Martin Baker MK9? Tried some searching around the internet but as yet cannot find a MK9 seat in resin in 1/48 scale. Can any of the regular aircraft modellers point me in the right direction/suggest any good online stores that serve aircraft model makers. It's all changed since I last built aircraft. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Steve Noble

• Steve Noble changed the title to Harrier GR.3 ejector seat question
12 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

Hi guys. I'm normally a car and bike builder, but I used to build aircraft exclusively from the late 80's to the mid 90's. I recently stumbled upon the 1/48 Kinetic Harrier GR.3 kit in a local model shop and had to buy it. The Harrier is an aircraft I've always wanted to build for many years now and the Kinetic kit seemed to be an excellent starting point to enable a nice GR.3 model. I'd really like to replace the ejector seat with a resin part and believe it is a Martin Baker MK9? Tried some searching around the internet but as yet cannot find a MK9 seat in resin in 1/48 scale. Can any of the regular aircraft modellers point me in the right direction/suggest any good online stores that serve aircraft model makers. It's all changed since I last built aircraft. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The best depiction of a Harrier mark 9 available is the the  seat that comes in the kinetic kit! The only thing to look out for if you are so inclined is that Harriers prior to 1981 (GR1/GR3 T2/T4 ) had a very  different seat strap arrangement. The long straps depicted in the kit are post 1981.

Selwyn