What is this?

Dave Klaatu

Aerodynamically, it's a complete mess. Even in the far,  far future,  they'll still need to obey physics. 

The artist is a Romanian chap named Alex Ichim who works for video game studio Gameloft.

(Incidentally,  the bad designs are one reason I could never get into Thunderbirds. Heresy,  I know.) 

• Like 3

It's still awesome, it be great Scifi model to make...

And then to design a special camouflage of RAF Dark Green, RLM 83, PRU Pink and Fuchsia.

Edited by Casey
  • Haha 3

On 9/8/2022 at 7:38 PM, Rob G said:

(Incidentally,  the bad designs are one reason I could never get into Thunderbirds. Heresy,  I know.) 

One of the big problems I have with a lot of kit bashed What-If models.  With respect to Thunderbirds, I just find the puppets creepy, otherwise I like the classic Gerry Anderson style.

Definitely the front end of an Apache. Reminds me of a  Fairey Barracuda. But unlike the unlovely Barracuda that thing  would  never fly unless  it was fitted with  a number of advanced warp engines powered  by refined unobtanium. Mined on planet Mars.

So yes like fusion power, it's  twenty years  away. As it has been for the last fifty years.😉

In common with a lot of designs from the last 10-20 years, the artists clearly hadn't got the memo about the vehicle needing to be only just big enough to do the job. Which is why this design looks like a bodybuilder on steroids carrying teensy-tiny little weapons, and the Enterprise from the Kelvin timeline has an engine room the size of the Royal Albert Hall.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:31 PM, SprueMan said:

PZL Belphegor is disappointed.

992ae9bb21098c97ecf3d06a150fa3ef.jpg

Pretty certain this was the type that originally inspired the old joke about an aircraft that doesn't actually fly, it's just so ugly the earth is repelled by it! 😆

• Haha 1