1/35 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190A-6 Würger by Border Model - released

Homebee

Moxingfans China indicates that in a recent message Border Model posted some intriguing sprues pictures showing what looks like Focke-Wulf Fw.190 Würger parts. Most probably a 1/35th kit project. To be followed.

Source: http://www.moxingfans.com/new/news/2022/0905/10739.html

20220905173447-67197.jpg

20220905173448-54571.jpg

20220905173449-47386.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190A/F Würger by Border Model - parts
3 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Would there be many size differences between a 1:32 and 1:35 Fw 190s? I assume it would be some millimetres.

It's roughly a 10% difference, which is quite a lot, and would be quite noticeable. If we arbitrarily take the length in 1/32 to be 300mm, then the length in 1/35 would only be 270mm. And this is just the linear size in a single direction. Once you include the other 2 dimensions, and their cumulative volumetric implications, you can see that the size difference is no small thing.

By way of comparison, the two figures below are separated in size by a factor of 50%:

ROvy1W.jpg

Yet visually, the difference looks a whole lot larger than that.

Kev

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, KLP Publishing said:

It's roughly a 10% difference, which is quite a lot, and would be quite noticeable. If we arbitrarily take the length in 1/32 to be 300mm, then the length in 1/35 would only be 270mm

That's a big difference indeed. Thanks for answering.

Edited by Sturmovik

who says Tamiya 1/48 doesn't sell outside Japan? Been building all their 1/48 kits and the new Sayuta which is now under the Takom label are better than most 1/35 scale kits I've built

If Boarder wants to do 1/35 why not I for one am looking at the Kate with interest.

• 1 month later...

Looks to be a lovely kit, and having initially not been sure about this growing 1/35 aircraft movement the more I think about it the more it makes sense: apart from the obvious tie-in with AFVs and figures I find 1/48 to be too small for anything with less than 2 engines, while 1/32 can be limiting in terms of display space. It would be nice for more manufacturers to bring out kits in this scale to firmly establish it as a significant niche in its own right.

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

I believe the exhausts are installed wrong on that engine. There are no exhaust outlets that high up on the cowl on the real 190.

MK2L1168_T-768x645.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I believe the exhausts are installed wrong on that engine. There are no exhaust outlets that high up on the cowl on the real 190.

Yes, the exhausts on top of the engine are definitely wrong! But they may simply be reversed - if they swapped sides, I believe they would be correctly located.

Also, the first shot of the engine and prop above correctly shows the rather complex arrangement of pipes on the underside of the real engine (note how two of the pipes combine to a single outlet). The kit designers did some homework.

Can't say I personally am a big fan of 1/35 aircraft when I have a stack of 1/32 kits lurking in the stash! 😮 But I understand the appeal, and I must say this kit looks pretty impressive so far.

Edited by MDriskill

15 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I believe the exhausts are installed wrong on that engine

They're wrong because the engine is not properly fitted. It's upside down. On the front, the cone (or whatever it's called, is it crankcase?) should have the longer part pointing up. 

Edit: On a closer inspection, yes, the exhausts aren't placed correctly. Left and right should be swapped.

Edited by Sturmovik

On 9/11/2022 at 12:50 PM, do335b6 said:

who says Tamiya 1/48 doesn't sell outside Japan? Been building all their 1/48 kits and the new Sayuta which is now under the Takom label are better than most 1/35 scale kits I've built

If Boarder wants to do 1/35 why not I for one am looking at the Kate with interest.

Thomas Does :D  but he's wrong as you've pointed out. 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190A-6 Würger by Border Model - parts+box art - release in 2023
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190A-6 Würger by Border Model - parts+box art+schemes+decals - release in 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190A-6 Würger by Border Model - parts+box art+schemes+decals - release in May 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190A-6 Würger by Border Model - released