P47 Thunderbolt STGB we did it.

Marklo

The thought struck me that while we have a very varied and interesting pool of GBs for the Bunfight and 2023 we don’t have many single type proposals so having just completed a Jug for the monogram Gb I’ve quite warmed to the type and wouldn’t mind adding a razor back to keep butch company. Operated by no less than twenty one nations with over fifteen thousand built there is no end to the variety of schemes out there.

C2625317-C7A6-4B8E-939A-B5C4E91E6476.jpg

So how about it whos up for building a Jug???

1. @Marklo well me of course 

2. @IanC

3. @stevehnz

4. @vppelt68

5. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

6. @TEMPESTMK5

7. @BlueNosers352nd

8. @Stefan Buysse

9. @trickyrich

10. @jackroadkill

11. @ColonelKrypton

12. @JOCKNEY

13. @Andwil

14. @Rafwaffe

15. @Bertie McBoatface

16. @Wez

17. @JosephLalor

18. @zegeye

19. @Mjwomack

20. @Ray_W

21. @TimJ

22. @danbuoy

23. @fightersweep

24. @modelling minion

25. @JTninja

26. @theplasticsurgeon

27. @PhantomBigStu

28. @wellzy

29. @jean

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Well, coincidentally, I've been thinking of adding a Tamiya bubbletop to keep my razorback company! So I'll be happy to slot in as your No.2.. 

Ian

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at 5 and counting, you know you want to.

Good evening Marklo

Very good idea ;..I have a few Tamiya kits in my stash and I can hear them screaming at me "Build me build me !!!"

Best Regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

have a few Tamiya kits in my stash and I can hear them screaming at me "Build me build me !!!"

That’s a relief I thought that was just me :) 😜😜

• Haha 2

• Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at did I say 5; now 6 and counting, you know you want to.

If my model room is back in working order when this GB pops off, I'll jump in.   Right in the middle of starting phase 2 of the house remodel which includes the model room.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at did I say 6: now 7 and counting, you know you want to.

Sorry Bob, I’m going to be harsh and say no as then it becomes a general Severesky/republic GB needs more members to get to the bunfight and if I remember correctly ( which I do some of  the time :) ) was proposed last year and didn’t make it.

• Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at 8 and counting, you know you want to.
4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@Marklo just out of Curiosity have you need of a co-host ? Seeing that my attempts at an everything

I’d never say no to a little help, plus I do have a few other proposals in the next bunfight so 23 could well be a busy year!!

• Like 1

you can add me to the list, I have massive Jugs  Jug to bring along for this one....... 🤣

I have the monstrous Kinetics 1/24th P-47D in the stash..... won in a raffle at my local club meet a few months ago! Have no idea where I'll be able to put it once finished thou!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I have the monstrous Kinetics 1/24th P-47D in the stash..... won in a raffle at my local club meet a few months ago! Have no idea where I'll be able to put it once finished thou!!

That’s going to be a big bus. Maybe put it in the garden as an annex :) 

• Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at 10 and counting, you know you want to.
19 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

you can add me to the list, I have massive Jugs  Jug to bring along for this one....... 🤣

Thats my Dream kit, and I do hope to get one someday. Of course I’ll have to rob a bank, train, and a mint to even consider it. There is an added benefit of committing all the above mentioned crimes. They would at least allow me enough extra $ to build a house big enough to display the finished kit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

This one has to get through the bunfight; just think, we could legitimately make jokes about big jugs for months!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

This one has to get through the bunfight; just think, we could legitimately make jokes about big jugs for months!

I can’t but agree. But I’m going to make a model of little Willie for the prototypes GB and I think for pure comedic opportunity that one is going to win. Mind I got a lot of mileage out of my Snark and my Gamecock which I do need to whip out and repair. 

• Like 1

• Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at 11 and counting, you know you want to.
  • Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at 12 and counting, you know you want to.
  • Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB at halfway at 13 and counting, you know you want to.

I realise in all my years of modelling I have not built a P-47. Count me in for an RAF SEAC 1/72 Thunderbolt.

Despite my appalling completion rate I’m always keen to sign on and attempt to hopefully get something built…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB past halfway at 14 and counting, you know you want to.
  • Marklo changed the title to P47 Thunderbolt STGB we did it.