„Red Air“ Group Build - or rather „ the Chameleon“ GB

Sam

RED AIR - Aggressor aircraft, ships, land vehicles of any country included

Who would like to add another jet with one of the fancy aggressor liveries to their display shelf?

They look great, and they provide valuable DACT and foreign tactics training for the „good guys“. 

Any jet used by any of the Red Air Units, from TOPGUN/NSAWC/NAWDC, 64th or 65th Sqdn, or even one of the private red air contractors.

The original idea for this GB came from the wish to let people play with paint and colo(u)rs. And learn from each other with regards to masking, color theory, airbrushing etc. Thanks to inputs from other members I quickly decided to widen the spectrum. 

In order to make this GB interesting for as many of us as possible, here come the GB proposal updates: 

Addendum 1: All forces of the world, air, sea and land, are very welcome as well. That will be very interesting! Even a Dacia Sandero made to look like a Range Rover Vogue (so that if Clarkson, May or Hammond should happen to be on britmodeller, they can join too. That would be fun.)

Addendum 2: what-ifs very welcome. 

Would love to host a group build, and by doing so giving something back to this great community britmodeller is. 

Sam

Moderators: Thank you for moving the thread, thought I read the instructions well enough. Apologies. 

The team:

1) @Corsairfoxfouruncle

2) @Marklo

3) @Chrisj2003

4) @Jabba

5) @Col.

6) @modelling minion

7) @Wings unlevel

8.) @DaveJL

Edited by Sam

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

A yes in this chat is not binding in any way. 

No I know that. But I always like to have a kit in hand when I signup for a GB and aside from a 1/72 F35!my stash is surprisingly low on Modern American kits, oh darn I will have to force myself to go shopping :) 

4808-A094-DBA9-4-C87-B93-B-BAD766-B1-C7-This is one I built earlier this year for the F18GB.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Nice idea Sam.

Would you be opening this up to aggressors from around the World or just US based ones?

There have also been quite a few military vehicles used to play the part of the enemy including being made to look more like the vehicles they are representing.

🇺🇦

Hello Craig!

absolutely, let‘s include all forces around the world! And why not ground vehicles as well! That will be VERY interesting. I shall update the GB intro. Thanks for your input 👍🏽

Sam

• Like 2

• Sam changed the title to „Red Air“ Group Build - or rather „ the Chameleon“ GB

Interesting, would what ifs be allowed (btw my F18 was one) . I ask this because I’m seeing a lot of interesting but speculative F35 aggressor schemes and the kit schemes are all grey. 

Oh and just rereading the proposal it’s becoming more of an ‘in disguise’ motion, would that mean that the Panthers dressed up as M10s would qualify?

Edited by Marklo

3 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Interesting, would what ifs be allowed (btw my F18 was one) . I ask this because I’m seeing a lot of interesting but speculative F35 aggressor schemes and the kit schemes are all grey. 

Oh and just rereading the proposal it’s becoming more of an ‘in disguise’ motion, would that mean that the Panthers dressed up as M10s would qualify?

Yes sir! The „in disguise“ offers many many interesting options. What-ifs as well. Will update the proposal text. Thanks for the valuable input!

Sam

2 hours ago, Sam said:

Oh yes to both Chris

.... I may end up buying one of those ugly F-35 then; at least it hasn't got the hump of the B. Or any number of JASDF F-104 / F-4 / F-15, or USAF F-5, or, or....

Please put my name down.

Interesting to see if promoting this now works well with the bunfight timescale.

Chris 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Add my name to the list please. I have a Tamiya F-16 that has been in the stash for far too long, with me promising to build it next.

Hey Jabba, welcome! 👍🏽

Your Viper, is it this one?

p?i=3c02c1735a481660d62a4893c8884a7e

I’ve heard it‘s one of the best F-16 kits in 1/48 scale around. 

With plenty of planned aggressor options in the stash I'd like to have my name on this list Sam :speak_cool: 

At the moment there's six A-4, a couple F-5E, a single F-16N, and three F-15DJ (with a desire for plenty more if the chance arises). Also have a Hunter if I could find suitable decals.

Edit; almost forgot the Typhoon as well.

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

You seem to have forgotten to add me to the list Sam, or I didn't make it clear, yes I am in!

🇺🇦

No Craig I have not forgotten you but I was not sure whether you were in or not.  Cool that you join us 👍🏽

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sam said:

Hey Jabba, welcome! 👍🏽

Your Viper, is it this one?

p?i=3c02c1735a481660d62a4893c8884a7e

I’ve heard it‘s one of the best F-16 kits in 1/48 scale around. 

Yes that is the one. Bought it when it first came out, even buying a Afterburner decal sheet and it was going to be my next build. Well it is still in the stash and deserves to be made.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Yes that is the one. Bought it when it first came out, even buying a Afterburner decal sheet and it was going to be my next build. Well it is still in the stash and deserves to be made.

Got the same in my stash. Plan to make it into an F-16N. The blue-tritone one with the white radome 😍

Sign me up Sam! I might join Chris in building a 65th F-35, but I do love the JASDF F-15DJ aggressor schemes! And I will have two spare aggressor schemes on my F-5 decal sheet after I finish my F-5N build. And I’ve always had a thing for the F-16N…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1