The Bombardment (on Netflix)

FalkeEins

We will have to give that a go. We watch quite a few subtitled programs these days due to my wife being hard of hearing ( deaf to you older types). There are quite a few good foreign language productions out there including Shetland! 🙃🧥

Keith 

• Like 3

I think everyone interested in aviation and modern military history should watch this film. Be warned, however, it is VERY dark in tone and doesn't shy away from the more regrettable aspects of the story. I would say I was educated, but didn't "enjoy" the film on any of the usual levels (it's not intended to be enjoyable - the history behind it dictates otherwise). 

Please give it a go.

Chris.     

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, Britman said:

We will have to give that a go. We watch quite a few subtitled programs these days due to my wife being hard of hearing ( deaf to you older types). There are quite a few good foreign language productions out there including Shetland! 🙃🧥

Keith 

Oi are you going to Bovington....still got your gloves 🧤 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, spruecutter96 said:

I think everyone interested in aviation and modern military history should watch this film. Be warned, however, it is VERY dark in tone and doesn't shy away from the more regrettable aspects of the story. I would say I was educated, but didn't "enjoy" the film on any of the usual levels (it's not intended to be enjoyable - the history behind it dictates otherwise). 

Please give it a go.

Chris.     

Tbh, "the regrettable aspects" are what the film is about.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 10:51 AM, Bozothenutter said:

Tbh, "the regrettable aspects" are what the film is about.

There were undoubtedly some... but then the original cause was a rather good one some collateral damage was to be expected. The extent was bad luck, but part of the risks involved.... 

I see parallels currently further east currently but unfortunately also un-parallels... 😞

• Like 1