Italeri Willys Jeep MB in 1/24 scale

Einar

I have always liked the looks of the iconic Willys jeep. The vehicle was used in all the different theatres of the Second World War and it still is often seen in civilian use in olive drab colours and with US Army markings. In total 640.000 units of the jeep by different manufacturers were produced all through the years. Personally I saw dozens of them during my visit to Normandy at the 65 anniversary of the D-day landings.

Italieri have reissued a "80th anniversary 1941-21" kit of the jeep in 1/24 scale. There are very good decals for six different versions of the jeep with or without the roof. I chose the one used by the U.S. Army, 6th armored division, 50th armored infantry battalion in France, in the summer of 1944.

The kit is quite ok with a lot of details and good fit of the parts. I only had to use a minimal amount of putty or file. I painted the jeep with Tamiya's drab olive TS-5 which I then covered with Tamiya's Clear gloss varnish TS-13. After applying the decals I sprayed the surfaces with Revell's matt enamel varnish nr. 2. To give the jeep a bit weathered look I used MIG's powders that I rubbed on the surfaces.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 29

10 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Very nicely done. :clap2:

I quite like your weathering effort--something entirely outside my skillset.

Thank you for the compliments 🙏

Einar 

10 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Great looking jeep, the interior weathering is particularly convincing, good job!

Thank you!

Einar

9 hours ago, StuartH said:

Love the subtle weathering. Looks very realistic 👍

Great work 👏

Thanks Stuart!

Einar 

2 hours ago, Kingsman said:

Something odd with the fit of the grille?

Thanks Kingsman!

Yes, the grille seems ho be a bit loose on the right side. I have to fix the problem.

Einar 

33 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I'd like to see a photograph with it in your hand. I'm completely unable to visualise the size of it.

The jeep looks very good, however large or small.

Thank you Bertie! Here she is on my hand 🙂

Einar

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1