AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PR 1G conversion for Revell MK II kit with Barracuda Studios and Eduard details

Aims

AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PR 1G conversion for Revell MK II kit - with Barracuda & Eduard details - finished!

Hi folks yes it is finished and what a journey - my first Spitfire in 20 plus years. I must acknowledge my debt to a Mr Thierry Laurant whose library and vast knowledge of the subject matter made the project possible - as did the SAM Datafile book on the Merlin Powered Spitfire's by Robert Humphreys . I will not bore you with a list of my woes and the parts of the model I wish i had spent more time on - I am just glad to have finished it. Upon getting the camera out I was delighted to remember one of my favorite albums from my teenage years 'A taste of Pink' by a British band called 'The Prisoners.' If you like 60's bands like the Small Faces give them a try - anyway i thought the album was perfect for the Spitfire model haha. One more thing you will note that in only one photo I have the Main gear down indicators on the model - I just forgot about them until after seeing the photos that I took! O well there are on it now. The last photo is not really a ready for inspection photo but none of my detail photos really show off the lower surface work.

Ask any questions you like but for now here is a list of the products involved

AIMS 1/32 Spitfire PV IV/IG conversion

AIMS MK II upper cowl

AIMS De Havilland spinner and props

AIMS Monotone Spitfires decal sheet

Barracuda Studios Cockpit interior

Barracuda Studios Main wheels

Barracuda Studios Deeper radiator

Barracuda Studios Early ailerons

Eduard MK II canopy mask set

Eduard Sutton Harness seat belts

Eduard Mk II Exterior Details

Thanks

John

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Aims
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 3