Sword Meteor NF 14

I finally set the camera up to photo some old builds.  Finished the Sword 1/48 Meteor NF14 late last year! 

I was a bit disappointed with the contents of the box.  Details was a bit lacking in several areas.  In the end I used the Barracuda wide mouth engine intakes (which actually fit quite well even if not designed for this kit) and wheels; eduard generic seat belts; a fair bit of scratch in the cockpit; plus the odd aerial here and there.  I had hoped it would be an easier build than the Classic Airframes NF11/13 I did some years ago.  Not really.  Probably my fault, but when I stuck the fuselage together it had a distinct banana shape to it, so had to cut one half to straighten it up. Usual mix of colourcoats and humbrol for the paint.  kit decals.

Anyway - onto the picks

(PS no prizes for spotting the deliberate mistake with the squadron markings 🙂 )

Tim

ycRV82m.jpg

UgGa4YL.jpg

MAeQNIy.jpg

vZ77r0H.jpg

bdGkUjU.jpg

23uFqLi.jpg

Cn3UJBF.jpg

YNyFrok.jpg

dZsVQcc.jpg

DEzt9f6.jpg

• Like 54
  • Thanks 1

Wow! That's an impressive result despite your troubles with the kit. I've one of these to build so thanks for the heads up on the problems I'm likely to come across. To be honest having built several Sword kits i never expect them to be 'shake & bake' so don't mind a bit of hard work. The interesting subject matter they choose makes them worthwhile. I'm still hoping they may follow this up with an NF11, 12,13 etc to save me from robbing a bank to buy one of the Classic Airframes kits! 😳😳 Thanks again for posting pics of your superb example 👍👍👍

:goodjob:

Looks brilliant! Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the kit and the challenges experienced in making it, but I hope you were ultimately really pleased with the end result. I really like the sit of the aircraft and the paint job you've done. I have the kit, but have held off making it pending an anticipated aftermarket decal sheet for the kit. Had planned a 60 Sqn machine, but no recent news of this.  

Rich 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 6:29 PM, binbrook87 said:

Wow! That's an impressive result despite your troubles with the kit. I've one of these to build so thanks for the heads up on the problems I'm likely to come across. To be honest having built several Sword kits i never expect them to be 'shake & bake' so don't mind a bit of hard work. The interesting subject matter they choose makes them worthwhile. I'm still hoping they may follow this up with an NF11, 12,13 etc to save me from robbing a bank to buy one of the Classic Airframes kits! 😳😳 Thanks again for posting pics of your superb example 👍👍👍

I'm pleased with how it turned out.  Sometimes a kit that gives you a bit of a fight gives a better sense of satisfaction when done (as long as the kit does not win 🙂 )

On 9/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, Lord Riot said:

That’s beautiful, it’s turned out absolutely marvellous! Amazing paintwork and detail, I really hope mine comes out something like this.

no reason why not!

On 9/5/2022 at 7:21 PM, RichG said:

Looks brilliant! Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the kit and the challenges experienced in making it, but I hope you were ultimately really pleased with the end result. I really like the sit of the aircraft and the paint job you've done. I have the kit, but have held off making it pending an anticipated aftermarket decal sheet for the kit. Had planned a 60 Sqn machine, but no recent news of this. 

I had hoped that someone would have done some etch or resin or new decal sheet for this, but grew tired of waiting.  glad I didn't wait 😉

Tim

• 2 weeks later...