Piedmont B727

Sierra Tango

Beautiful picture, you took this? It's hard to photograph in the bright sun, shadows are harsh. I photogragh transit buses and have this problem, like taking pictures with some cloud better. Maybe it's a thing with digital cameras. This was obviously taken before digitals.

I would like to have been around early enough to fly on a 727. I missed out on these, the Trident and Comet. I'm lucky to have had a ride in a VC-10 at least, and the Nimrod is probably close enough to claim a Comet ride. The old 727 was a pretty thing though.

On 9/5/2022 at 12:39 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

Beautiful picture, you took this? It's hard to photograph in the bright sun, shadows are harsh. I photogragh transit buses and have this problem, like taking pictures with some cloud better. Maybe it's a thing with digital cameras. This was obviously taken before digitals.

Thank you for the kind words. This is my shot and it was taken in the afternoon when the light made for a nice shot. The challenge was (and is) getting the subject at the right angle and not moving or moving very slowly. For some reason commercial aircraft don't want to sit still for a photo! :shrug:

Steve

9 hours ago, Sierra Tango said:

Thank you for the kind words. This is my shot and it was taken in the afternoon when the light made for a nice shot. The challenge was (and is) getting the subject at the right angle and not moving or moving very slowly. For some reason commercial aircraft don't want to sit still for a photo! :shrug:

Steve

I showed this picture to a fellow busfan I photograph with. We had a similar conclusion, at least at a flightline you don't get many people walking in front of you telling you not to photograph them.