P-47D Thunderbolt

Good day friends,

After yet another absence due to family and home commitments, I have finally managed to add something to the forum.  This is the ever delightful Tamiya P-47D Thunderbolt Bubble Top cockpit version. This “Jug” kit lives up to the stellar reputation of Tamiya products.  Here are the highlights……….

1. Paints used : AK Interactive Extreme metal ( white & matt aluminum ), Tamiya  Khaki Drab XF-51, Mission Models ( Light Blue #MMP-173, Interior Green #MMP-059 ), Model Master Interior Yellow-Green, Vallejo Zinc Chromate, Testors Aluminum from the spray can for the flat centerline fuel tank, various brands for black, white, and grey colors.

2. Kits World Decals sheet #KW172106

3. Vallejo, Tamiya, and AK washes

4. Photo Etched US WWII seat belts

5. Uschi bobbin thread ( radio antenna wire )

The kits was built primarily straight out of the box with only the minor addition of the photo etched seat belts, bobbin thread, and different decals.  I absolutely enjoyed this kit and found zero faults with the Tamiya Thunderbolt and I highly recommend it for all skill levels.

Thank you in advance,

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 34

Wow! That is 'Kickin'! Excellent job! What unit is it from? cracking job!:goodjob:

Love your other P-47's, especially 'Hun Hunter'! seen the video for that one, based at Altus  airfield on Corsica!

Seriously brilliant job; the P-47 is one of my favourite US aircraft of WW2!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...