1/144 Zvezda 787 Scootalicious

I have had two in-person comments that I've done an ugly livery on a beautiful plane! 

Well, I agree with half the statement! 

I flew this plane on the innaugral Singapore to Melbourne flight for Scoot which was also my first flight on the 787 so maybe I'm biased by nostalgia, but I really think it's an attractive livery. 

52333077628_c9b555dce4_b.jpg

52331881867_64149f8280_b.jpg

52333136479_f3937d5d39_b.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

Arthur 

• Like 14

Excellent model. Which decals did you use?

If you are thinking of building another 787, you might want to check out Authentic Airliner Decals who make excellent "photo real" window decals for the 787 and a detail sheet if you want stencils and other goodies.

Dave G

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Excellent model. Which decals did you use?

If you are thinking of building another 787, you might want to check out Authentic Airliner Decals who make excellent "photo real" window decals for the 787 and a detail sheet if you want stencils and other goodies.

Dave G

Thanks Dave. I used Ascensio decals which turned out better than I was expecting.

I saw the authentic airliner windows and decal sets. They look good and certainly I'll consider them for any future airliner builds. (Emirates 777? 😀)

Pretty good model, I like the surface you did very much. What about livery it's just the matter of taste, anyway the livery is not usual and boring like a white fuselage with something printed on the tail 👍

And it would be nice to see more photos:daydream:

I can't see whether there is a gap between wing and fuselage on the second photo...

• Like 1

I guess, we all here because of the unforgettable nostalgia. Otherwise we would go to live a normal life under the Sun, like others. 🤣🤣

Nice model, nice livery. Not my favourite livery at all, but very impressive. Good job!

Edited by airdaniel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arfa1983 said:

Yes there is a bit of a step. It was my first airliner so few mistakes are expected :whistle:

Wow! Here I can say that that's really great result considering that it's your first civil airliner. I can tell once more that the surface looks nice. And what about the gap, all of us are getting our skills through our mistakes, my first civil liner looks very scare if compared to this work! 👍

• Like 1