Tamiya 1:12 Suzuki GSX-RR '21

Its only taken a week or two but here are the final pictures of the Tamiya 1:12 Suzuki GSX-RR in the 2021 scheme.

Main body was primed in UMP Black primer.

Base coat of Zero Paints Suzuki Blue and Silver (plus some X-18 for the 2021 scheme additions).

Decals from the kit plus TB decals for the 2021 changes, using UMP decal solutions.

Clear coat of Pro Range 2K.

Flatted with micromesh and polished using UMP polishing system.

Engine, frame, swingarm and forks painted using mixture of Tamiya LPs, Mr Hobby Super Metallics, Tamiya and Revell acyclics.

Full video build series is on YouTube (playlist here -> https://youtube.com/playlist...)

Part 1 Body, prep and paint:

Part 2 Decals and 2K:

Part 3 Engine and Frame:

Part 4 Swingarm:

Part 5 Exhaust, radiator and Forks:

Part 6 Finale:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12

Enjoyed the first video. Appreciate the relaxed style and music choices, makes it a nice soothing watch. 👍 I'll watch the rest in time. 

I've been waiting for builds of this kit but am interested in how the Tamiya TS body colours match the Suzuki logo decals. (TS are much easier for me to obtain than Zero)

Could I ask your reason to opt for Zero? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, slippers said:

Could I ask your reason to opt for Zero? 

I went for Zero because they are 30 miles from me!!. Next day delivery and airbrush straight from bottle. The TS callouts should be fine as they do normally match the decal colours perfectly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dcroke77 said:

I went for Zero because they are 30 miles from me!!.

Ditto. And they are really easy to use. You just have to be a bit careful with them as they are quite 'hot'

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan R said:

Ditto. And they are really easy to use. You just have to be a bit careful with them as they are quite 'hot'

Cheers,

Alan.

Light, thin coats all the way. Although, their more recent paints don't seem as hot as older ones. Been impressed with them lately.

• Like 1

I got a lot recently for a big VW/Porsche build project. Be interesting to see how it goes. Haven't done a lot of building lately due to a hectic family life. 

That should change soon, but winter is coming soon, sadly.

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcroke77 said:

I went for Zero because they are 30 miles from me!!. Next day delivery and airbrush straight from bottle. The TS callouts should be fine as they do normally match the decal colours perfectly.

Makes perfect sense! Cheers. 👍

I'm a little concerned as the TS haven't been a perfect match with other bikes (Repsol Honda, Telefonica Suzuki), but I'll hope for the best (or spend ages trying to mix a concoction myself!) 

Thanks for giving me something enjoyable to watch. 

• Like 1