Eduard 1/72 Spitfire IX/Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Vc parts interchangeability?

GMK

17 minutes ago, GMK said:

Quick one, has anyone tried using parts from Eduard’s 1/72 Spitfire series on the Airfix 1/72 MkVc? 

Cheers. 

Like what? 

I can see the Eduard has a load of useful alternate bits, including two sets of curved UC doors and various gear legs and wheels,    As with anything like this, the answer is usually yes 'with some modelling skill' 

If you mean cannon blisters, that maybe trickier.  

@MACALAIN is a building machine when it comes to kits,  so if nothing else is may have both already.   

72nd and Spitfires are areas I'd also ask @lasermonkey and @The wooksta V2.0  about.

HTH

• Thanks 1

The spare cannons from the Eduard kit would be a bit too short since the wings of their Spitfires are moulded with stubs for the guns. Using the horizontal stabilisers from Eduard would certainly require a considerable amount of putty to fill in the gaps since the alignment between them and the fuselage is different on the Airfix kit. Pitot tube and rudder should fit without any problems. I recently used an Eduard spare rudder for a Hasegawa Mk IX with only minimal adjustments. The same goes for some of the cockpit parts such as the stick and the oxygen bottles which are certainly interchangeable. As for the rest of the cockpit I cannot say. It depends on how many modifications you are willing to make and is probably something that can be figured out by conducting some dry fitting. 

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently trying to fix an Eduard cockpit into a Sword Spitfire XIV and it certainly requires modelling skills. Yes, I know that it 's not what you asked for, but I'd expect the same for the airfix kit.

I've done some Vc's using an Eduard kit as base with a V nose and oil cooler and wold recommend that approach to a better Vc.

• Thanks 1