Eduard F4F-3 VF-42

Well here it is! Certainly a beautiful model from Eduard with plenty of parts left over for the spare box! My Wildcat is nearly OTB but for the wheels and MG s from the Brassin range. Beautiful certainly it is but tricky to build as well. Being not a rookie I had a hell of a time with the construction of the undercarriage! One suggestion: before doing anything, increase the diameter of the holes which receive the U/C arms, that will save your sweat for sure! I have used home made masks for all the numbers but went ahead with the large stars as I wanted to try the removing of the decal films. Well more sweat until I used Tamiya tape, a more successful process than the fine tweeters I saw on the web. Nevertheless some small parts of the decals went off with the film and you can see the result on the right wing star. Paints were from the Mr Color range, and like my friend Michaël wrote @Toryu, planes on a carrier are not flying bins. So very sorry for the weathering lovers but Mc Cuskey F4F-3 at the Battle of the Coral sea was pretty clean, and I tried to respect that. Mc Cuskey flown from the "Yorktown" carrier during this pivotal battle. Thanks to Eduard to produce such beautiful models!

52331449896_f4eb76ceb5_6k.jpgDSC_0007 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

52331687918_bc84f2b8e2_4k.jpgDSC_0005 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

52331687888_db089416e0_5k.jpgDSC_0004 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

52331687833_ed9dbadde2_6k.jpgDSC_0003 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

52331687793_d68620b4da_5k.jpgDSC_0002 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

52331449641_ccfd07db75_6k.jpgDSC_0006 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

• Like 44

2 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Tres beau Jean!

Le prochain est un G-36 de l'aeronavale?

Saluti

Giampiero

Non mon ami! Un P-38J de Tamiya!

Great job Zig!  I really like this kit and thanks for the tip on the gear.  Masterful job as usual.  You are spot on with the weathering.  Great Job...

Edited by Tokyo Raider

11 hours ago, Autle said:

Really good modelling again, like you my decals have also had a couple of failures so probably won't be doing it again. Well done though it looks brilliant 

Thank you my friend. Concerning the decals the main idea is a good one but sincerely, even if it takes longer, I will use masks whenever it will be possible. Peeling the film is not a 100% success, and some modellers have even removed the decals in the process.

5 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

Exactly! Too much weathering kill the weathering!

An aircraft operating from dusty or muddy airstrips looks maybe different after a while but lesser is often more.

Good job !

Another superbly crafted model Jean. I'm sure it will stick out among the many Wildcats we will see in a short while. I like the 'dusting' that you did on the typical walking areas. Something to adopt for my own F4F-3 in progress (not from Eduard, though - I like the extreme challenge!).

Salut, Michael

19 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Another superbly crafted model Jean. I'm sure it will stick out from the many Wildcats we will see in a short while. I like the 'dusting' that you did on the typical walking areas. Something to adopt for my own F4F-3 in progress (not from Eduard, though - I like the extreme challenge!).

Salut, Michael

Danke Michaël!