Bf-109 inspection

MickE

Hi All

A while ago I came across this picture and thought 'that would make a good little diorama'

real bf-109a

Fast forward a few years to earlier this year and my club decided to hold a diorama build. Originally the theme was build a diorama of a picture on an A4 base but the picture requirement was dropped.

This then was an opportunity for me to recreate the picture in plastic. A Zvezda Bf-109 was duly purchased and built but I was unsure of the colour scheme as the fuselage sides seemed very dark.

Fortunately fellow Britmodellers came to my rescue after I posted the picture and it was revealed that this aircraft, with another, was captured by the Russians in November 1942 and given to the Americans who repainted it in Olive Drab and Neutral Grey (thanks Troy Smith, Lusitanian and GRM for the detailed info). See below.

real Bf-109b

For some reason it looks like the bottom engine cowl was left painted in RLM 65 when you look at the first picture.

I duly finished the aircraft as 'EB-1' and managed to cobble together two figures in poses as close as I could get to the mechanic and the cop watching him.

Bf109a

Bf109b

Bf109c

Bf109d

Bf109e

Bf109f

Bf109g

Thanks for looking

Mick

• Like 35

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...