Hasegawa 1/72 F-15J or I?

Lifeline

Hi...

Another GB that fits my stash! 

After finishing my F-104 in the century series GB (which at the end added another F-104 kit, and F-101 into my stash).. I took to the stash and found 2 F-15E's, a F-15C (early version), a F-15J, and F-15I.. all Hasegawa. 

Seeing the challenge others face in this GB, I think I'll join with either or both of these;

spacer.png

With both still in the plastic bag, I think I will start with the F-15J with less parts count and less modification required...

So... Cleared to go?

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 2

The build has started....

After seeing how others work with Hasegawa's F-15, I decided not to start with the cockpit but from the fuselage parts. 

spacer.png

There's also a great build on Hase F-15C by @dimaADA

I might follow some of the modifications I saw in there too.

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 4

It's actually been a productive few days...

Cockpit and the nose area are done 

https://i.postimg.cc/ZY123PjW/20220906-001130.jpg

A few review of the build stated the tricky alignment of the nose/cockpit section to fuselage. I added small plastic sheet to help the alignment of the two surfaces.

20220906-001001.jpg

Kind of worked I guess... Although there was still a micro steps found, but nothing a regular putty can't handle 

spacer.png

Next was the connection between the port fin and it's base which shows a gap. This was done using mixture of talk and CA glue which later sculp and sand to shapespacer.png

spacer.png

I cut out the ventral scoops on the fuselage, and replace it with new scoopsade from paper and attached using CA glues.

spacer.png

According to the instructions, this practicular aircraft are not carrying any missiles. And since I didn't use any PE for this build, i decided to simulate the rails using masking tape.

20220907-002522.jpg

Replaced the HUD lens and display;

spacer.png

Being a kit from tears ago, one can found the sprue directly attached to side of the canopy which sometimes cracked the canopy itself such this;

spacer.png

Luckily I was able to minimize the crack using nail sanding sticks, followed by a short bath using Future.

comment and critics are welcome...🥳🙂

cheers,

Mario

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

It has been too long...  I know.

I've been busy with life with new job, etc..

But the build continues slowly, but continue...

I've laid down a black primer on the eagle, and suddenly have an urge to cut down the aileron and pose it slightly dropped.. risky but I succeeded. No pics unfortunately..

Paints also laid down... At first I used MIG Acrylic, since I successfully use those on a F-14A build few months back. But it's always hit and miss with this paint. This time it's a miss... By a mile 🥲. It doesn't cover as I want it to be and it's too pale for a JASDF Eagle. So I decided to use Gunze/Mr.Hobby Lacquer instead.. 

spacer.png

All was well (beside broken the pitot thingy on top of the left vertical fin) ... Then the kit accidentally slipped and fall to the floor 😭😭, broke the fwd assembly off and crack the left wing-fuselage joint. I was too upset to took photo of it, and try to repair it .. will update on how it goes

Cheers,

Mario

• Sad 4

• 3 weeks later...

Yes.. I experienced a set back, broke the wing and lost the mojo.

But the build continues on...

I replace the actuator parts of the exhaust with wire

20221026-230654.jpg

And detailed the canopy with wires and small paper 

20221101-214036.jpg

I didn't documented the painting process but it's done, and I can finally start decaling...

20221103-214432.jpg

The exhaust painted and weathered 

20221103-214442.jpg

I can't be sure I'll made it to the deadline... But definitely not going to let this become a shelf queen...

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 3