Displaying aircraft on stands

aust202

Just wondered how people display their “flying” models. All the ones I have done so far have been static with the wheels down but I’m about to start a Tornado I’d like to display as flying.

I’ve seen some revell plastic stands but the reviews on Amazon are not very good and airfix do some that are slightly better reviewed. Are there some stands that anyone would recommend?

thanks 

You can make a stand with wood, paint, an optional photograph, and acrylic rod. Plastic or brass tubing in the model helps keep it steady on the stand.

1/144 F-16A

This has a painted base with an image from the interwebs professionally printed on photo paper. You may also be able to print on photo paper at home.

f-16-display1.jpg

1/48 X-37B

For this base, I created the base image on my computer (background image + logo + caption) and then had it professionally printed.

x37b-finished0.jpg

1/144 F-4F

As above, a generated image from graphic elements (squadron badge and spook) found on the interwebs and some work in Gimp.

f-4f-mounted0.jpg

In all cases, the base was cut, sanded, and painted. The image was glued on using rubber cement. The acrylic rod was readily bent using a heat gun (a very powerful hair dryer).

HTH

-- 

dnl

• Like 3

15 hours ago, aust202 said:

. . . 

I’ve seen some revell plastic stands but the reviews on Amazon are not very good and airfix do some that are slightly better reviewed. Are there some stands that anyone would recommend?

. . .

Just do not pay the absolutely silly money people are asking for them on ebay

Work up to having at least 100 honest postings on here and you can then put a 'Wanted' in the 'Wants' section of the marketplace

• Like 2