1/72 - Mitsubishi G4M1 "Betty" by Sword Models - released

Homebee

Looks to me this Sword kit is at the same level of the Hasegawa G4M2 kit, apart from that one transparency it looks pretty good with nice surface detail. I don't know about fit of course but my experience with Sword kits is very good.

Over here in the Netherlands it's 40 euros, against 35 for the Hasegawa kit, but Sword gives you a masking set as well so really nothing between them pricewise.

I'm looking forward to this one, I'll be looking for it at the end of this month at Euro Scale Modelling.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 9:10 PM, sroubos said:

I'm looking forward to this one, I'll be looking for it at the end of this month at Euro Scale Modelling.

Likewise - nice addition to have Yamamoto's M2 1 next to a Force Z M1.

Ordered mine from Hannants and glad I did. Now available here in the US, at Megahobby and Sprue Brothers, for twice what I paid at Hannants. There is a postage differential but not that significant an increment when added to the rest of the monthly order at the big H. Before you ask, USPS has only sought customs duties once in the 40 years I have been ordering from Britain. Started in the early 80’s when the £ fell to parity with the $.

The £ recovered but I never stopped ordering from the fountainhead of scale modelling.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mitsubishi G4M1 "Betty" by Sword Models - released - new variant (late) in June 2023
On 5/22/2023 at 5:36 PM, Jackman said:

If you want Admiral Yamamoto himself.....

Including the two missing fingers, even. 

--

For those who don't know: Isoroku Yamamoto was wounded in the Battle of Tsushima - if he'd lost more than just the two, he'd been invalided out of the Imperial Japanese Navy, and history would probably have taken a slightly different turn. 

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mitsubishi G4M1 "Betty" by Sword Models - released