Aoshima, Subaru Hippo Sleek Wagon

PatW

Basic curbside kit, steering front suspension flimsy, so added plastic square rod to stabilise. This phantom version could be used as a Rally Barge, carrying spares from stage end to stage end on a major WRC rally. OR In a similar roll carrying spares/sustenance  for a Grand Tour Cycling Team on the Tour of France, Spain, Italy etc.

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks Vince1159, yes I've had the same idea! I was looking at doing this but couldn't find the lettering..

photo3-vi.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Windy37, yes I based these initially on the Prodrive service cars as they were just 20 miles from here.

• Like 2

Thanks galaxyg. I think the 'Hippo Sleek' relates to the Japanese tuning firm that modified the real  car.

3 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

Looks good , one point , not criticism just pointing out that you didn’t paint the surround of the rear window , any reason ?

Yes, I'm no good at painting around the glass. I've started to run a black marker around the frames on the body but only recently. Shaky hands at 74!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PatW said:

Yes, I'm no good at painting around the glass. I've started to run a black marker around the frames on the body but only recently. Shaky hands at 74!

I use black markers now for window frames , much easier than paint . As for stick on masks .... don't get me started !

Gary .

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Spiny said:

That doesn't look a bad little build.

Quick one - do you have any decal softener because I think adding that to the decals would really help in getting rid of that silvering and really lift the end result.

Yes I normally do that but other decals on the same sheet on another recent build laid down OK but trying decal softener destroyed the decals.

16 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

I use black markers now for window frames , much easier than paint . As for stick on masks .... don't get me started !

Gary .

What black markers are recommended and where should we buy them?

I've got a couple of wide markers from our local newsagent.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I can't use a pen with such a pointed end as I would write all over the body with my shaky hands!

This is the thing, canted at 45 degrees to the window opening..

photo6-vi.jpg

• Like 2