Nieuport N.28C-1, 1st Pursuit Grp, 94th Aero Sq., USAS, 1918...Rickenbacker's bird...

I forgot that the port cabane strut doesn't really fit correctly due to the interference with the machine gun being in the way.  I had to fettle a bit.  It worked.

I almost forgot the decal on the lower wing.  It's bets to attach it now rather than later after the rigging.

52476355407_3b7da33c53_z_d.jpg

Struts are all on, including the landing gear.  Some cleaning up will have to take place with some hairy brush touch-ups.  But it's getting there.  I think rigging might be next.  

52477132184_db5c17d34c_z_d.jpg

--John

• Like 4

I really want this one done and off the bench.  It's been...malingering.  Time to wrap it up!  The year is ending soon and the new Group Builds promise more insanity, obsessive compulsive disorders and sleepless nights fun, fun fun!  🤪

Let's rig it...simple.  Done it many times.

52489081304_409cac5e0d_z_d.jpg

Et voila!   Notice the engine is off-center?  Too late to fix that without destroying the aircraft.  This will have to be a 'Montgomery Clift' build.  Just look at the right profile...😉

52488801026_4cfe1cba59_z_d.jpg

After that had set and I touched up the paint, I went right to decals.

These are pretty thick so after I have added solvent, I'll let it dry and go over it with more solvent.  Anyone here ever use solvent as part of the water bath?  Just a thought...

52488800991_f58145b41b_z_d.jpg

They look pretty good anyway.  Very snazzy.  Very American.

52488801011_368717ceca_z_d.jpg

Wrap up later (prop), and in the gallery tomorrow.

--John

• Like 5