tamiya 234/1 with 2cm gun. 1/35th scale.

BILL COWAN

Hi Bill

If you're comfortable using photoetch brass Aber produce a couple of detail set for the 234/1, Scalemates links here here and here which may provide you with the missing parts together with some other pieces.  

It looks like Historex and Hannants may have these items in stock.

Hope this helps 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bill, I believe Tamiya would probably ship you replacement sprue/s if the kit is still in production. Try asking them https://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/

I've never done this with Tamiya specifically, but just weeks ago I successfully got a replacement wing sprue for my Fokker DR1 from Meng, They took a while to arrive from the other side of the world, but arrive they did. The only downside was the two additional partially built models that somehow appeared on my workbench while I was waiting 🙂

You can make satisfactory width indicators with round-headed sewing pins and a piece of plastic tube or insulation sleeve from this wire for the base section.  This is what we used to do back in the day before there were after-market products........  RB Model certainly do them in turned brass and I think other brands do too.

The grenade covers are more difficult.  You could make the framework from plastic strip and add your own mesh.  But as suggested above there are after-market detail sets for that kit.  As well as Aber you might look for Eduard, ET Model, Voyager or Lion Roar.  Don't forget that kit it is an Italeri re-box, not an original Tamiya kit, so you might try Italeri too for the original kit parts.