1/72 Hasegawa F-15C from Bitsburg Air Base (Germany, 1984)

9 hours ago, billn53 said:

Excellent build! Thanks also for showing us all the detail work you did (those landing gear are phenomenal!).

one question: what paints did you use (both for the gray camo & metallic area at the engines)? 

Thanks for the feedback!

For the gray camo I used Mr.Color №308 (FS36375) and Mr.Color №307 (FS36320). The first one is the main color, the last one is the camouflage spots.

At the engines I used Mr.Color SuperTitanium

• Thanks 1

Congratulation on a great built, from an Eagle lover.

Please allow me to tell one of the little concern, maybe only from me:

It seems like the Eagle nose is a bit too upward, against the ground line, or compared with the vertical fins.

It may due to the too long nose gear, or the whole nose is glued too upward?

I added some lines so that I hope to explain myself better  :)

Blue line: vertical fins angle

Red line: plane center line angle(from tail to nosecone point)

Yellow line: ground

6921893.jpg

5704289.jpg

003.jpg

Just my 2 cents and hope you do not mind. ;) 

Have a nice day!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for feedback! I'm also the Eagle lover)

The nose is installed correctly, it was impossible to make a mistake during installation. Hasegawa has a very excellent assemblage of parts. I didn't make any changes to this.

Perhaps the length of the nose gear I made is slightly different, but I took the length of the nose gear from the set as a basis.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SarmaT said:

What did you use to simulate the mirror at the canopy?

Greetings! I'm glad that you liked my work.

To simulate a mirror, I used ModelMaster Chrome Silver paint. Applied with a brush.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Wow! just wow. An amazing build.. and once to come back to when I tackle an F-15. Beautiful!!!!

I love 95% of this model because it looks extremely realistic. It looks great. But why are the tires bowed outward? They seem straight in the real example for comparison.

4 hours ago, exhausted said:

But why are the tires bowed outward? They seem straight in the real example for comparison.

That's my fault. For me it was an extremely unpleasant situation at the final stage of work. And when I noticed this error, it could no longer be corrected.

The reason for the error is as follows. When working with the model, I used Williy Peeters' drawings. Here is the drawing:

F-15-C.jpg

Based on the dimensions of this drawing, I made the following template:

096-09.jpg

098-11.jpg

099-12.jpg

And only after installing the main landing gear, I realized that I was mistaken.  The error is that I did not check the drawing data. I did not take into account that there may be errors in the drawing.

I can agree with you that I like this model at 95%. But not at 100%.

4 hours ago, Jon020 said:

Wow! just wow. An amazing build.. and once to come back to when I tackle an F-15. Beautiful!!!!

Good luck! Which model are you going to use as a basis?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dimaADA said:

That's my fault. For me it was an extremely unpleasant situation at the final stage of work. And when I noticed this error, it could no longer be corrected.

The reason for the error is as follows. When working with the model, I used Williy Peeters' drawings. Here is the drawing:

F-15-C.jpg

Based on the dimensions of this drawing, I made the following template:

096-09.jpg

098-11.jpg

099-12.jpg

And only after installing the main landing gear, I realized that I was mistaken.  The error is that I did not check the drawing data. I did not take into account that there may be errors in the drawing.

I can agree with you that I like this model at 95%. But not at 100%.

Good luck! Which model are you going to use as a basis?

Thanks for answering the question of 'how' for me. You did a very good job and I think you've taught us all something important. I am going to show my dad what an excellent model you built. He was in the USAF in the late 1970s.