ColonelKrypton's Blitz Build 2022 attempt - 1915 Tracteur Blinde Filtz Scratchbuild - Finis!

This past weekend for a challenge I jumped into the Blitz Group Build Part 2 and scratchbuilt a 1/35 Tracteur Blinde Filtz  - the WIP link is above.

Total time for the build from start to class photos was just shy of 16 hours between Saturday morning and Mondary Afternoon. It was a challenge but was also a lot of fun; can't wait for the next one. 

The Tracteur Blinde Blitz was a French army armoured tractor design of 1915. There is a good resin kit available ( Yellow House Models I think ) but I like the challenge of scratchbuilding these odd vehicles. Alexandar Bondar from Ukraine has designed many paper card models and there are a number freely available on the Landship forum for download. I used his nice paper card model design as the basis for my model. 

There were only 10 developmental vehicles built and all varied somewhat. I have only be able to find a handful of reference photos. Mr Bondar paper card model is somewhat simplified and as I followed his design without making too making changes my model reflects his work.  On a scale of 1 to 10 and after having spent much time reviewing what few reference photos I could find, and with respect to scale fidelity I would give my model about a 7. 

p?i=251515df2b2371ef0c4079249c2084b8

p?i=1874fe979485e0654b02015a143d77be

p?i=7e149872fb5fd258a21b0f65f042bd7d

p?i=ea93336e2cdca2888948eb39760a0f00

cheers, Graham

• Like 16

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I really enjoyed this Blitz Group Build - I don't now why I never participated in one before.  I wanted a challenge to get the creative juices flowing. Lots of fun. 

cheers, Graham

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

It certainly doesn't look rushed.

Bertie,

Thank you for the kind words.

I don't recall ever feeling rushed when I built this, quite the contrary - just focused.

I have suffered life long with ADD / ADHD to varying degrees which is why I frequently jump around from interest to interest and get easily distracted whenever a squirrel runs by, rabbits too; and we have a few living in our cedar hedges. Staying focused long enough can be a challenge which is why I think I enjoyed the Blitz Group Build so much; it gave me that focus for several days. I am looking forward to the next one. Too bad there are not more.

cheers, Graham ... there goes one now, I'm off!

• Haha 1