Airfix 1/72 Beaver BC Air Lines

drdjp11

Quite a few of these already, but here's a changeup. Lots of these flying in the Seattle/Vancouver area so a bit of a shout out to the history of floatplane services around here.

spacer.png

And the Thunderbird Decals dating back to aircraft from the 1950's.

spacer.png

• Like 10

Nice. I once had both options made when the decal was Whiskey Jack.   I even went as far as to make the amphibian as shown on one of the options. Looking forward to seeing these progress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For fans of the aircraft, here's a bunch of them at Kenmore Air at their base in Kenmore in north Lake Washington (a smidge north and east of Seattle).

They fly primarily to Vancouver, Victoria and the San Juan Islands

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And a turbine Otter...

spacer.png

Edited by drdjp11
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

It might be too late but those lumps and bumps on the roof top should be removed as they are for the AAC version in the kit . The  windows on top should also go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paul J said:

It might be too late but those lumps and bumps on the roof top should be removed as they are for the AAC version in the kit . The  windows on top should also go. As too that long probe on the fin and towel rail antenna.

7 hours ago, Paul J said:

It might be too late but those lumps and bumps on the roof top should be removed as they are for the AAC version in the kit . The  windows on top should also go.

Oh yeah, not too late at all.

Quick cleanup

Cutting a few corners to get this one done. Not looking bad, but like every kit, there are things I would do differently if I had to do it over again.

Decals will cover a multitude (well a few) sins.

spacer.png

• Like 1