TH-55a/Hughes 300 Eggcopter

helios16v

• helios16v changed the title to TH-55a/Hughes 300 Eggcopter

Mock up.  Now to work on masking off the eggpit.  This is definitely one of the trickier eggplanes I've built.  I think I'm going to call it for the night so I can let the cockpit floor dry fully.  I'd hate to shake it loose and have to split the egg open again to fix it.

52315927273_eb353b8cb2_c.jpg

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Mock up.  Now to work on masking off the eggpit.  This is definitely one of the trickier eggplanes I've built.  I think I'm going to call it for the night so I can let the cockpit floor dry fully.  I'd hate to shake it loose and have to split the egg open again to fix it.

52315927273_eb353b8cb2_c.jpg

I have about 10 hours in H300 .... so want one of these kits 😀

Edited by KiwiJohn
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

How did you do in the race, Chris? 

30 minute race, not so great finished 22nd, started 21st.  Ran out of gas coming off the last corner.  Ended up losing a spot as it sputtered across the line.  60 minute race I actually moved forward a bit.  Dodged some carnage and picked my way up to 17th at the end.  There are some seriously fast guys running in that league.  

• Like 3

And done.  Opted not to use the decals...we'll just call it a civilian chopper.  All the military ones of these were trainers...so would've been painted in brighter colors...probably more like what's on the box top.

Timestamp photo.
52318573801_83f2776534_c.jpg

A little bit brighter one.

52318891678_27dcaf789d_c.jpg

• Like 6