RFM Tiger 241 'Janny' of s.Pz.Abt.501. Tunisia Jan 43

From the Tiger super thread section, RFM Tiger 1.

Another long term resident of the shelf of doom, typically got sidetracked by other projects so has taken since Jan 2021 to complete. 

Can't just remember all the various tweaks and alterations but wouldn't have been much of significance,  moving tools around,  adding stowage, opening the exhaust stacks, adding extra spare track links, even Pzr III ones, and of course Star Decals decals for the specific tank.

Figures by Alpine, still working at figures, one day.....

Heres one of the original 241..

spacer.png

(Photo of a photo from the brilliant book Der Tiger, volume 1 by V Ruff)

It's not an exact replica of the picture, more I've taken inspiration from this and a few others of 241 to create my version of it. (And I just wanted it finished and out of sight!)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Perhaps a little too much contrast in camo but otherwise it'll do!

(The b&w pics always make them look monotone).

Thanks for looking, always appreciated. 

Darryl 

• Like 28

If this Tiger carries the initial tropical colours (like the Bovington example), yes the tones are are low contrast.   There also seems to have been added a rust colour on the edges of the camou shapes, or is this some kind of digital camera result?    Overall yes, very excellent build.

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

Looks great Darryl, well done. The Tiger looks superb and your figures are getting really good. Maybe you need to up your game on your vegetable painting a bit 😆 (only joking).

George

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Very, very nice Darryl. Glad you got it finished. The figures, stowage and other details are ace. With the subtle weathering and chipping it all goes together splendidly. 👏👍

Thanks again Stef, I think this might have been the first crack at multicoloured chips, liked the effect so much I kinda went to town with them!

One day I might do mud and heavy weathering but I tend to like them worn but not filthy.

Cheers 

22 hours ago, JackG said:

If this Tiger carries the initial tropical colours (like the Bovington example), yes the tones are are low contrast.   There also seems to have been added a rust colour on the edges of the camou shapes, or is this some kind of digital camera result?    Overall yes, very excellent build.

regards,

Jack

Thanks Jack, I believe the colours/camo on these can be a minefield we had a discussion about them back at the start of the thread, just can't now remember the conclusion! 

I think the rust coloured edging is probably down to light/camera and my freehand camo not being tight enough.

Cheers 

21 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Well worth rescuing from the shelf of doom Darryl. Nice paint job and first class painting with the figures.

John.

Thanks John, slow to very slow improvement on the figure front but I even I think this is slight improvement.

I'm trying to clear as many of these as poss before starting anything fresh 🤞

Cheers 

17 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

👍

Regards

Pete

Thanks, appreciated!

15 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Great work Darryl.

I'm just starting my Tunisian Tiger 112, so thanks for inspiration :)

Thanks Nenad, looking forward to seeing another Tunisian Tiger. :like:

Cheers

4 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Looks great Darryl, well done. The Tiger looks superb and your figures are getting really good. Maybe you need to up your game on your vegetable painting a bit 😆 (only joking).

George

Thanks George, yea fruit and veg, took me all mi time to try and identify what they might have been!

Really kind of you! 

3 hours ago, Model Mate said:

Looks excellent, and the figures are great!

Thanks MM, really appreciated!

Cheers 

55 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Well worth the rescue !!
Brilliant finish !!

Thanks Lee, glad to have it finished and quite happy with the result. These are started with such enthusiasm but can get a bit long winded if that wanes. 

Cheers 

Thanks chaps, very much appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Darryl 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, noelh said:

That's very well  done. I too have an early  Tiger on the 'shelf of doom'. I really  must drag it out again.

Thanks, appreciated. 

Excellent idea, it's nice to clear some space on that particular shelf I'm finding...

16 hours ago, StuartH said:

Absolutely beautiful model Darryl. The paintjob and colours look perfect and the figures are very, very good indeed.

Great job 👏

Thanks Stuart far too kind, but really appreciated.

At last I can call myself an armour modeller, apparently, my first ever Tiger now built and completed. :frantic:

I'd like to do a nice base but I'd never get anything finished then!

Cheers 

8 hours ago, Autle said:

That's a cracker 

Thanks, very good of you!

8 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Those vegetables appear to beetroot to the originals. It's bean nice to see Miniart veggies turn-up on a Tiger Salad. Lettuce leave the puns dill next time. Peas on you and your well-finished tank.

:giggle:

Dear me quite a turnip for thread!

Cheers Peter, I like that!

(I think the box with the veg was a resin item can't remember from where but I recall it was probably pre-miniart).

Thanks again chaps, always appreciated. 

Darryl 

• Like 1

On 29/08/2022 at 08:19, Ozzy said:

Nice build, not currently got a desert tiger in my collection.

Thanks Ozzy, if you fancy a North Africa Tiger I can certainly recommend the RFM kit. If you do, go for a late boxing as RFM fixed a few issue from the original release, short gun barrel, incorrect tools etc David Byrden has given it a good going over on his Tiger info web site.

On 29/08/2022 at 21:12, Maddoxx77 said:

Wow! All around a superb build. The details on the tank, the paintjob, the figures. Everything is spot on!!! 

Thanks Maddoxx, very kind of you and much appreciated! 

On 29/08/2022 at 21:29, mick said:

excellent work

Thanks Mick, really appreciated. 

On 30/08/2022 at 21:51, edjbartos said:

Good work Darryl, I really like that, camo and chipping look good, so do the figures, really nice job, well done...

Ed

Thanks Ed, glad you like it, I can see ways it could have been improved but considering most was done 12mths ago I'm pretty happy with it.

Really appreciate your comments. :frantic:

Thanks again chaps. 

Darryl 

• Like 2