WIP Academy F4F Wildcat

KiwiJohn

Ok

First time ever doing this so let me know if Im posting incorrectly.

Started here in NZ 08:31 NZ, photo of unstarted kit and PC time in background. Typing this as I wait my 15 mins to see what COVID test result is!

Will crack on for as long as whatever it is that I have allows.

Second pic is of a bit of quick n dirty on sprue prime and cockpit green.

20220827_084101 20220827_092420 20220827_094009

• Like 5

Test came back negative but will wait to see what next 24 - 36 hours bring, body starting to ache now 😡. Not called RAT Randomly Accurate Test for nothing 🤣

Sure glad I wrote up a plan as with this foggy brain I would have had no hope!

Work plan.

• Like 8

Ok cracking on but now cold and getting the shakes....time for bed for a bit me thinks.

Fuse is now together, prop and engine painted and engine light drybrush.

20220827_124614

20220827_130104

20220827_132605

Edited by KiwiJohn
Exta pics added
  • Like 8

Sounds like you're coming down with an old fashioned flu John, no fun at all. There is some strange lurgies around this year, other than than Batpox & the usual colds & sniffles. I'm only just throwing off a cough I've had for over a fortnight, no sore throat, runny nose or other cold/flu like symptoms & a string of negative rat tests. My third visit to the doctor told me it was a post viral cough & could last up to 3-4 weeks, oh joy, what I want to know is what virus it is post of. :(

That is a promising start anyway, hope you can progress.

Steve.

• Like 1

I accepted defeat at about 4pm NZ time yesterday and retreated to bed. 

Got this far by that point but feeling a lot better this morning so may crack on and see how far I can get.

🙂

20220828_080734

• Like 5

12 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Sounds like you're coming down with an old fashioned flu John, no fun at all. There is some strange lurgies around this year, other than than Batpox & the usual colds & sniffles. I'm only just throwing off a cough I've had for over a fortnight, no sore throat, runny nose or other cold/flu like symptoms & a string of negative rat tests. My third visit to the doctor told me it was a post viral cough & could last up to 3-4 weeks, oh joy, what I want to know is what virus it is post of. :(

That is a promising start anyway, hope you can progress.

Steve.

Cheers Steve a lot better this morning and a hot sweaty night. No sore throat at this point which makes me think you may be right. Do another RAT/BAT test later to see what it says.

JM

• Like 2

Oh well that answers that question.....may as well keep going rather than just lying in bed 😃

Positive!

20220828_091638

Edited by KiwiJohn
Exta pic added
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Upper surface painted and a bit of mottling done. Mixed the Intermediate Blue a little too white so will try darken it with the top coat and hopefully not lose all the mottling. 

There are a few gaos that should be filled but Im not in the mood!

20220828_103932 20220828_105533

Edited by KiwiJohn
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Lanmi said:

Good morning, you have quite a progress! I will give few more hours here, I will go to bed around 3AM

Have a good rest Im off to bed again...COVID is winning the battle 🤣

• Like 1

A little more progress. Tried to darken up the blue while still leaving that sun faded Pacific look. 

Painted on some walkways and also scratched the blue that was obviously not fully cured so that was time doing touch ups I didnt want to do.

COVID is not over fighting its battle with me ....but the war isnt over so Im making a tactical retreat to bed for a while and will attack the front lines when I get up again. 😀

20220828_122726

Screenshot_20220828-123209_Chrome

• Like 4

Sorry to hear you've got "the" plague, John, but you're making good progress with the Wildcat. Hopefully that tactical retreat recharges you enough for another session

James

• Like 1

Started again after my little nap. Clear coated and just used a spray can of Tamiya semi gloss I had on hand to save using/cleaning airbrush again. This may have been a bad move as not sure the carrier film is not going to show.

Anyhow have added microsol and now taking another plague break while it dries. 

Then will be panel lines and a small amout of weathering and should be in the home straight!

At least it looks more like an a/c now.

😀

Screenshot_20220828-123209_Chrome

20220828_152004

Screenshot_20220828-152022_Chrome

• Like 6

OK Im back...sort of as COVID is still having its way with me. This build was sort of going OK but as the plague worsened it all started to go to hell in a handcart. 

Started weathering the underside and it just turned into a big mess...had the radio mast in the tweasers to glue on and it went ping across the workbench never to be seen again. Lucky I had the spare kit that I used to replace the knackerd canopy at the start.

Then the landing gear just all turned to crud with broken axels and superglue that just would not glue!

So at that point I was over it. Didnt attempt to weather the top and could not be bothered fixing up the colour on the wheel hubs! 

Dont know the total elapsed time as to be frank I gave up caring in the end but well under 8 or so hours I recon

Also just took quick pics as again I dont have the energy to fuss over them.

But....

1. I finished my first ever Blitz

2. I learnt heaps while doing it which was the main aim.

3. It was sort of fun 😀

4. COVID didnt beat me!

Rest of final pics in the galery thingie.

Tally ho!

Off to bed yet again.

Good work all you other modelers who entered as its not as easy as it may look.

20220828_152004

20220829_171740

• Like 8

4 hours ago, KiwiJohn said:

1. I finished my first ever Blitz

2. I learnt heaps while doing it which was the main aim.

3. It was sort of fun 😀

4. COVID didnt beat me!

Gidday, congratulations on your completion and well done. Even more so considering you were fighting Covid as well as recalcitrant plastic and glues. She looks great. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1